Apple season will be starting soon! My family and I love fresh apples, and always make lots of delicious apple desserts, like this quick and easy recipe for Apple Monkey Bread Muffins.
Monkey Bread is tasty, but a traditional recipe makes too much for our family of five. Â So I decided to reduce the recipe and change it up by making it in muffin tins. I like to make individually size desserts because I find we are much less likely to over indulge when the serving size is obvious!
The muffins are simple to make, since they use refrigerated biscuits as a base. Â I cut the biscuits into pieces, and then coated the pieces and a chopped up apple with cinnamon and sugar. Then I put it all in a muffin tin and topped it off with melted butter and brown sugar.
The butter and brown sugar caramelize as the muffins bake, and make a gooey, delicious muffin.
One can of refrigerated biscuits made 8 muffins, perfect for a family dessert, with a few left over for the next day.
- ⅓ c. white sugar
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 apple
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease the cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix the white sugar and cinnamon in a gallon sized re-closeable bag.
- Separate the biscuits, and cut each into 6 to 8 pieces and add to the bag.
- Peel, core and dice the apple, and add the apple pieces to the bag. Shake it well to distribute the cinnamon and sugar over the biscuit pieces and apple.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, and stir in the brown sugar.
- Add a spoonful of the butter mixture to the bottom of 8 muffin cups.
- Add the biscuit and apple pieces to the 8 muffin cups and press them down.
- Spoon the remaining butter mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the biscuit pieces start to brown.
- Invert the muffin tin onto a plate and serve the monkey bread muffins.
For more fun Fall apple themed projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata fromÂ My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- Apple Stamp Craft fromÂ Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World