This post contains affiliate links.
Fruity summer beverages is one of the best things about summer! This recipe for Blackberry Limeade is the perfect summer drink to make and serve at your next backyard party.
The drink has only a few ingredients – blackberries, limes, sugar and water. It is easy to make a big pitcher ahead of time and refrigerate it until your guests arrive.
This combination of fruits is delicious, and a great mixture of sweetness with the tartness of limes. I used fresh limes and blackberries, although it would work with bottled lime juice and frozen blackberries also.
My kids enjoyed this drink, and it was a great special drink for a family cookout! My daughter wants me to make it again, this time with lemons, because she thinks it will be even tastier with lemons, so I will try that soon.
- 1 c. water
- 1 quart blackberries
- 5 limes
- ⅔ c. sugar
- 3 c. water
- Blackberries and limes to garnish if desired
- Mix 1 c. of water with the blackberries in a blender and process until smooth.
- Put the blackberry mixture through a sieve or strainer to remove the seeds.
- Pour the blackberry juice into a large pitcher.
- Juice the limes to get about ⅔ c. of fresh lime juice.
- Add the lime juice and sugar and remaining 3 c. of water to the pitcher and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Garnish glasses with limes and blackberries.
What are your favorite fruity summer beverages?