This post contains affiliate links.
Fruity summer beverages is one of the best things about summer! Â This recipe for Blackberry Limeade is the perfect summer drink to make and serve at your next backyard party.
The drink has only a few ingredients – blackberries, limes, sugar and water. Â It is easy to make a big pitcher ahead of time and refrigerate it until your guests arrive.
This combination of fruits is delicious, and a great mixture of sweetness with the tartness of limes. Â I used fresh limes and blackberries, although it would work withÂ bottled lime juiceÂ and frozen blackberries also.
My kids enjoyed this drink, and it was a great special drink for a family cookout! Â My daughter wants me to make it again, this time with lemons, because she thinks it will be even tastier with lemons, so I will try that soon.
- 1 c. water
- 1 quart blackberries
- 5 limes
- ⅔ c. sugar
- 3 c. water
- Blackberries and limes to garnish if desired
- Mix 1 c. of water with the blackberries in a blender and process until smooth.
- Put the blackberry mixture through a sieve or strainer to remove the seeds.
- Pour the blackberry juice into a large pitcher.
- Juice the limes to get about ⅔ c. of fresh lime juice.
- Add the lime juice and sugar and remaining 3 c. of water to the pitcher and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Garnish glasses with limes and blackberries.
What are your favorite fruity summer beverages?