Recently Buitoni sent me some of their new filled pasta to try out!Â They make all kinds of yummy refrigerated pasta that is available in many grocery stores.Â I like that their pasta is more exotic than standard boring pasta.Â Cheese ravioli is good, but there is nothing special aboutÂ a dinner of cheese ravioli served with spaghetti sauce.Â Sometimes I want a pasta dish that is more exciting, and looks like I spent a lot of time making a special dinner.
I received this Chicken Marsala Ravioli, which was delicious.Â It is a filled pasta with white meat chicken, roasted portobello mushrooms, onions, ricotta, parmesan and asiago cheese accented with marsala wine.Â It almost seems like too many ingredients for one ravioli, and it certainly isnâ€™t boring or ordinary.
To pair with the ravioli I made a simple cream sauce with pesto and spinach.Â The ingredients all went very well together, although it was a rich meal, with the ravioli and cream sauce.Â This meal is very quick to make, and can be ready in only about 20 minutes, which is great because I always enjoy quick meals that look like they are complicated.
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper , chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 c. spinach, chopped
- 1 T pesto
- ½ c. cream
- Chicken Marsala Ravioli
- Cook the ravioli as directed on package.Â To make the sauce heat olive oil in a large frying pan, and sautee the onion and red pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the cream and pesto, and cook until it thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach, and stir until it wilts, about another minute.Â Then stir in the ravioli and serve.
- Check back in a day or so when I post my recipe using Buitioniâ€™s Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti, and I will also have a great giveaway from Buitoni!
Disclosure: I received product to review, all opinions are my own.