There are lots of party occasions this time of year! I am making plans for a fun football get together next weekend, and I have been scouring the web for the best party recipes. I found this fun recipe for Cheesy Broccoli-Bacon Mac Bites, and it is the perfect dish to make a family favorite into party food!
My family loves Mac & Cheese, and this takes that traditional comfort food and makes it bite sized. And it doesn’t take very long to make either, which is a must when you are planning a gathering.
To make the recipe I cooked up some bacon with onions in a frying pan. While the bacon was cooking I started cooking the macaroni from the Mac & Cheese, and chopped up some broccoli. Then I put the broccoli in the pot of water with the macaroni for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. This is a clever way to cut down on dishes that need to be washed!
After the bacon and macaroni were done, I mixed them with the cheese sauce, added an egg and spooned the mixture into mini-muffin cups. Then they are topped off with French Fried Onions and some cheddar cheese. Â These were delicious, and a great twist on a traditional favorite. Â These are a fabulous dish for a football party – or whatever you are celebrating!
- 1 pkg. Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup canned French fried onions, coarsely crushed
- ¾ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ÂºF.
- Prepare the Mac & Cheese Dinner in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli to the Macaroni cooking water for the last 2 min.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and yellow onions in large skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until bacon is crisp.
- Add the bacon mixture to prepared dinner along with the egg; mix well.
- Spoon into 36 mini muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray, adding about 2 Tbsp. to each. Top with fried onions and shredded cheese.
- BAKE 10 to 12 min. until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 min. before transferring to plate to serve.