The combination of sweet and salty is one of my favorites, so I love chocolate covered pretzels. They are very easy to make, and it is easy for kids to help out in the creation of these treats.
I decided to make a batch of St. Patrick’s Day themed pretzels last week, by using two different colors of green chocolate and sprinkles to decorate the pretzels.
The first step is to dip the pretzels in chocolate. I wanted to make both milk chocolate and white chocolate pretzels, so that we would have a variety of colors. I used chocolate melting wafers, and dipped half the pretzels in the white chocolate and half in the milk chocolate.
I like to use the mini-pretzels because it is easier to dip them than big pretzels! Then I put the pretzels on waxed paper and let the chocolate harden. Then I melted a small amount of green chocolate wafers in the corner of a sandwich bag.
I cut the tip off and started drizzling chocolate all over the pretzels, and then sprinkled sugar on the chocolate while it was still wet.
You could store them in the refrigerator, but in my house they never last more than a few hours anyway!
- Mini Pretzels
- Milk chocolate wafers
- White chocolate wafers
- Green chocolate wafers
- Green sprinkles
- Melt the milk chocolate wafers in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and put it back in the microwave in 10 second intervals until it is smooth.
- Dip the pretzels in using a fork. Let excess chocolate drip off so the pretzel's holes aren't filled. Place on waxed paper.
- Repeat with white chocolate.
- Let the pretzels harden, at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Place about 10 green chocolate wafers in the corner of a baggie and melt. Cut off the tip of the corner and drizzle chocolate all over the pretzels.
- Add some sprinkles and then let the chocolate harden.
What treats are you making for St. Patrick’s Day?
[FreshBundle bundle_id=”pretzels_001″ layout=”tiles” featured=”B006OEZ6SW” custom_title=”” ribbon_text=”” custom_buy_button=”” custom_cta=”” target=”current” ]