This dessert is super easy to make, but it looks fancy and tastes wonderful. Trifle is traditionally made with fruit, but peanut butter and chocolate are good too.
I added peanut butter to vanilla pudding to give it a nice light peanut butter taste.Â Then chocolate pudding and peanut butter pudding are layered with whipped cream and chocolate cake for aÂ delicious combination of flavors that makes the trifle taste like a giant peanut butter cup.
I first made this dessert about 2 years ago, and it has been one of the most popular recipes on my blog ever since I posted it.Â This weekend I decided to make it again, and it was just as good as I remembered.Â My kids broke my trifle dish a few months ago, so I made it in individual cups this time, but either way works well!
- 1 box of Brownie Mix
- 1 bag of peanut butter chips
- 16 oz heavy cream
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- ½ c. creamy peanut butter
- ¼ c. peanuts
- shaved chocolate
- Prepare brownie mix as described on box. Stir in bag of peanut butter chips and bake as directed. Cool completely.
- Whip cream with ¼ c. sugar until soft peaks form.
- Mix vanilla pudding with 1½ c. milk. Stir in peanut butter and ½ c. whipped cream and beat until smooth.
- Mix chocolate pudding with 1½ c. milk. Stir in ½ c. whipped cream and beat until smooth.
- Cut brownies into squares and layer half in a trifle dish. Top with vanilla pudding mix and half of the remaining whipped cream.
- Layer the rest of the brownies, topped with chocolate pudding and remaining whipped cream.
- Decorate the top with peanuts and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.