This post contains affiliate links and was sponsored by Hostess.
This Chocolate Raspberry Ho Ho Trifle is easy to make and looks and tastes amazing!
Ho Hos are a snack that is a guilty pleasure for me. I don’t eat them often, but they were my Dad’s favorite, so they always remind me of him. And something about the layers of chocolate and cream just make them special. Of course a trifle is just a layers of cake and cream, so it seemed like a perfect fit for these snacks.
Plus a trifle is a desserts that looks complicated and fancy, but is easy to make.
First I sliced the Ho Hos and used them to line the edges of some mini-trifle dishes. They look pretty edging the glass.
Then I crumbled up the rest of the Ho Hos and put them in the center of the dishes. To add a little color and fruity goodness I pushed a raspberry in between each Ho-Ho, and topped it all off with a layer of whipped topping.
Using a pre-made snack like the HoHos in this dessert made it super easy to make, and it took me only about 15 minutes to put together. I am always looking for short cuts to make desserts and meals quick and easy! It would also look great in a big trifle dish too, if you are serving a crowd.
- 1 box Ho Hos
- 1 container whipped topping
- 8 oz raspberries
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 c. milk
- Slice the Ho Hos and arrange around the edges of the mini trifle dishes.
- Crumble the remaining Ho Hos and add to the center of the trifle dishes.
- Put a raspberry in the gap between two Ho Ho slices.
- Add a layer of whipped topping.
- Mix the instant chocolate pudding with the milk, and layer it in the trifle dishes once it starts to set.
- Add a dab of whipped cream and raspberries to the top.
This cute HoHo dessert would be perfect for the Holidays or for Valentine’s Day!