This post contains affiliate links.
Dogs need holiday presents too, and this Dog Treat Wreath is a perfect holiday present that doubles as a decoration and lets you give the tastiest treats to your furry friends!
A few years ago I wrote about Pet Adoption Month, and encouraged everyone to consider adopting a dog.Â At least one person took action after my post, my Mom, who decided she needed a dog of her own.Â So she adopted Alex, a cute little pup, from the Humane Society.
Alex is very happy in his new home, so I wanted to make him a special Christmas present, and decided he would appreciate a wreath of dog treats. This craft is simple, and the result is really cute!
- Milk Bones and Pup Pepperoni dog treats
- one or two colors of Christmas ribbon
- piece of cardboard
- First I cut a circle out of a piece of cardboard.Â I just traced around a dinner plate, and then used a bowl to trace around for the inner circle.Â Then I cut the wreath base out.
- I painted the wreath base green, since the cardboard will show through on the wreath.
- Then I tied the red ribbon to the cardboard, and wrapped it around the treats to hold them on the wreath base.Â I was worried the treats would fall out, but they actually held very easily.
- When I got to the end of the circle I tied the ribbon underneath.Â I used a green ribbon to make a bow for the bottom and tied it to one of the treats.
I put the wreath aside to wrap for Christmas, but unfortunately my dog Dodger found it and he ate most of the treats off the wreath! So I had to take it all apart and remake it with new treats, and this time I boxed it up and mailed it right away!
It is fun to make cute doggy gifts! How do you treat your pets this holiday season?