This is a quick and easy side dish, combining asparagus with goat cheese for a perfect spring vegetable.Â I was planning to roast the asparagus, but then the hinges broke on my oven door, so I canâ€™t cook anything in the oven right now!Â I decided to grill them instead, which is something I have never tried before, and it worked pretty well.Â I threaded the asparagus on bamboo skewers, so they wouldnâ€™t slip down through the grates of the grill.Â You could just lay them crosswise on the grill, but my asparagus was a fairly skinny, so I figured a skewer would be easier.
The heat from the asparagus melts the goat cheese and make a nice creamy sauce to coat the asparagus.
- 2 lb asparagus
- 2 T olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 lemon
- 2 oz creamy goat cheese
- bamboo skewers (optional)
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for half an hour if you are using them. Pre-heat the grill so it is nice and hot.
- Cut off the woody end of the asparagus. Brush it with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt.
- Grill over high to medium high heat, turning once or twice.
- Meanwhile, zest and just the lemon and mix the juice and zest with goat cheese.
- When the asparagus is done mix it into the cheese mixture and serve.
Check out the linky and see what other recipes bloggers have come up with for asparagus!