This recipe for Halloween Fudge is a great orange treat.
Although the recipe looks a little long, it is really easy to make. Â I took a basic recipe for microwave fudge and changed it up by substituting white chocolate chips for a little bit of the semisweet chocolate chips.
To make the fudge orange I added food coloring to some of the sweetened condensed milk and ended up with orange fudge to top them off. I swirled the orange and chocolate together for a marbled fudge.
The only hard part to making this is that you need to work quickly, so you get the orange chocolate mixture ready to go before the fudge hardens.
The orange layer ended up being a little gooey, I assume because the white chocolate chips have a little different consistency. Â But it tasted delicious, and no one minded gooey fingers after eating it!
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- food coloring
- 1½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- 2 T. butter
- 2 t. vanilla
- Open the can of condensed milk and pour about 4 oz of milk into a measuring cup.
- Color the 4 oz of milk with 12 drops of yellow food coloring and 5 drops of red and mix until you get orange.
- Put foil in a 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 square pan to make it easy to dump the fudge out when it is finished. Cover the entire pan with foil, including the sides.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 second interval until the chips are completely melted.
- Stir in the condensed milk that is still in the can (not the orange milk) to the melted chocolate chips.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add about 1½ T. to the melted chips. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until the butter is melted and stir.
- Add 1½ t. of vanilla and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Now, you need to work quickly and repeat the process with the white chocolate chips.
- Melt the white chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring until completely melted.
- Stir in the orange condensed milk to the melted white chocolate chips.
- Add the remaining ½ T. of butter to the melted chips. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until the butter is melted and stir.
- Add the remaining ½ t. of vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour the orange mixture onto of the chocolate and mix with the edge of a knife to swirl the colors.
- Chill for 2 hours before cuttting.
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You