Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Global Influence, with product provided by Hersheyâ€™s.
Halloween is all about the candy! I recently received a huge box of candy from Hersheyâ€™s, full of Halloween goodies! The box contained Rolos, Halloween Kit Kats, Caramel Apple Lollipops, Reeseâ€™s Peanut Butter Cups, York Peppermint Patties, Hersheyâ€™s Milk Chocolate, Kisses and more.
Hersheyâ€™s asked me to make a Halloween recipe or craft and I was happy to oblige. I had to work fast though, because my husband and kids found the candy and it started disappearing quickly!Â So I didnâ€™t go for anything complicated, and stuck to a tried and true simple recipe. I made some Halloween Cupcakes with the Mini Reeseâ€™s Peanut Butter Cups. Peanut Butter Cups are a huge favorite for all my kids, so they gobbled up these cupcakes.
I made a basic yellow cake and topped it off with my familyâ€™s favorite chocolate cream cheese frosting and a peanut butter cup.
Yellow Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 3 c. flour
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/4 c. milk
Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting Icing Ingredients:
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 2 c. heavy cream
- Mini Reeseâ€™s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix.Â Pour in milk as the flour mixes in and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake lines 2/3 full and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool.Â To make frosting whip the cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Slowly pour the cream into the mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcake and top with mini peanut butter cups.
You can find many more Halloween ideas with Hersheyâ€™s Candy at the Hersheyâ€™s website!