Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Global Influence, with product provided by Hershey’s.
Halloween is all about the candy! I recently received a huge box of candy from Hershey’s, full of Halloween goodies! The box contained Rolos, Halloween Kit Kats, Caramel Apple Lollipops, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, York Peppermint Patties, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate, Kisses and more.
Hershey’s asked me to make a Halloween recipe or craft and I was happy to oblige. I had to work fast though, because my husband and kids found the candy and it started disappearing quickly! So I didn’t go for anything complicated, and stuck to a tried and true simple recipe. I made some Halloween Cupcakes with the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Peanut Butter Cups are a huge favorite for all my kids, so they gobbled up these cupcakes.
I made a basic yellow cake and topped it off with my family’s favorite chocolate cream cheese frosting and a peanut butter cup.
Yellow Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 3 c. flour
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/4 c. milk
Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting Icing Ingredients:
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 2 c. heavy cream
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Pour in milk as the flour mixes in and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake lines 2/3 full and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool. To make frosting whip the cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Slowly pour the cream into the mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcake and top with mini peanut butter cups.
You can find many more Halloween ideas with Hershey’s Candy at the Hershey’s website!