This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAddRotel #CollectiveBias
During Lent this year I have been making meatless soup recipes inspired by cuisines from around the world, and this week I made a delicious Mexican Tomato Soup with Corn Dumplings.
This soup combines traditional Mexican flavors like tomatoes, hominy, and chiles, and adds in bite sized corn dumplings for a soup that is rich and filling without any meat. This soup is quick and easy to make, and using shortcuts like RO*TEL diced tomatoes with green chiles makes it even easier!
The wide variety of RO*TEL flavors makes it a great choice for all kinds of cooking, from meatless meals to game time favorites like Cincinnati Chili. And right now there are Great Savings on RO*TEL at Walmart!
Are you creating a big snacking spread for the Big Tournament? Looking for ways to spice up game day and save money at the same time? #JustAddRotel is the perfect way to spice up your favorite recipes. From guacamole to pot roast sliders, adding a can of RO*TEL makes a traditional game day recipe into something extraordinary. Click this link http://cbi.as/4wqx to print a Walmart coupon where you buy 3 cans of RO*TEL, you will get 1 can free!
Hurry, this coupon expires on April 6th and is only while supplies last!
I used diced tomatoes with mild chiles in my soup, and it was nicely spiced, but you could spice it up even more and use the tomatoes with haberno peppers!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 t oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 c. vegetable broth
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. water
- 1 can hominy
- 1 can RO*TEL tomatoes with green chilis
- ⅓ c. cornmeal
- ⅛ t. salt
- 1 t. olive oil
- 3 T. hot water
- Lime slices
- Shredded cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, oregano and garlic and sautee for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, water, salt, hominy and RO*Tel tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, covered for 30 minutes.
- Mix the cornmeal, salt and olive oil together with a fork. Then add the hot water and mix well.
- Roll the dough between your hands in small pieces to make about 20 little dumpling balls. Then add the dumplings to the soup and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve garnished with lime and cheese.
Be sure to look for RO*TEL in either the Pasta or Hispanic aisle in Walmart!
What is your favorite way to use RO*Tel in your recipes?