These Nutella Snowball Cookies are a delicious winter treat! They are fun to make and fun to eat, and are a great Christmas cookie.
Snowball cookies are tasty because they are coated in lots and lots of powdered sugar.Â You actually roll them in sugar twice, once right after they come out of the oven and again after they have cooled.Â This lets the first layer of powdered sugar soak in and flavor the cookies.
The recipe is basically just a standard Snowball cookie recipe, but I replaced some of the butter with Nutella.Â Nutella is practically a staple food in our house, so I figured it would be fun to try.Â It gave the cookies a subtle chocolate taste, and the walnuts and hazelnut flavors go well together.
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. walnuts
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- ¾ c. butter
- ½ c. Nutella
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Get the butter out of the refrigerator and let it sit for about 20 minutes to soften.
- Process the walnuts in the food processor until they are well chopped.
- Mix the flour, walnuts and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the softened butter, Nutella and vanilla, and mix until it is well combined and the dough starts to clump together.
- Roll into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, until the balls are brown on top.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes, then put the powdered sugar on a plate and roll the cookies in them.
- Let them cool completely, and then re-roll in powdered sugar.
What are your favorite Christmas Cookies?