Looking for a quick and easy Easter treat? Peeps are delicious, and chocolate makes them even better!
These treats are fun and easy to make, and are perfect for kids to make for themselves.
To make the Peepsicles I put the Peeps on a paper straw, and then dipped them in melted chocolate chips.Â Then I sprinkled them with colored sprinkles, nuts or coconut.
Then I froze them for about half an hour, and had my kids sample them.Â I am avoiding sugar, but my kids were willing to help me out and do a taste test!Â They agree that frozen Peeps are even better than regular ones.Â The frozen Peeps melt in your mouth and give a nice sweet blast of flavor.Â My son liked the ones with sprinkles the best, while my daughter is a coconut fan.
- Paper Straws
- 12 Bunny Peeps
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chips
- Put a straw inside the Bunny Peep. Push it all the way to in so the Peep doesn't fall off.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute. Stir and then continue microwave in 20 second intervals until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip the Peep in the chocolate until it is covered. Use a spoon the get excess chocolate off the Peep and let it drip back into the bowl.
- Sprinkle the Peep with the desire topping and place on waxed paper.
- Freeze for half an hour to an hour and enjoy.
I found this recipe in this cookbook: Peeps: Recipes and Crafts to Make with Your Favorite Marshmallow Treat.Â Who knew there was a book devoted just to cooking with Peeps! It isn’t a very long book, but there are some cute ideas like this one, perfect for Easter fun.