Peeps are a delicious Easter treat, but chocolate and freezing them makes them even better!
These treats are fun and easy to make, and are perfect for kids to make for themselves.
I put the Peeps on a paper straw, and then dipped them in melted chocolate chips. Then I sprinkled them with colored sprinkles, nuts or coconut.
Then I froze them for about half an hour, and had my kids sample them. I am avoiding sugar, but my kids were willing to help me out and do a taste test! They agree that frozen Peeps are even better than regular ones. The frozen Peeps melt in your mouth and give a nice sweet blast of flavor. My son liked the ones with sprinkles the best, while my daughter is a coconut fan.
- Paper Straws
- 12 Bunny Peeps
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chips
- Put a straw inside the Bunny Peep. Push it all the way to in so the Peep doesn't fall off.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute. Stir and then continue microwave in 20 second intervals until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip the Peep in the chocolate until it is covered. Use a spoon the get excess chocolate off the Peep and let it drip back into the bowl.
- Sprinkle the Peep with the desire topping and place on waxed paper.
- Freeze for half an hour to an hour and enjoy.
I found this recipe in this cookbook: Peeps: Recipes and Crafts to Make with Your Favorite Marshmallow Treat. Who knew there was a book devoted just to cooking with Peeps! It isn’t a very long book, but there are some cute ideas like this one, perfect for Easter fun.
You Might Also Enjoy
|Peeps Centerpiece||Natural Easter Eggs||Cadbury Crème Egg Pies|