In the summer I like to make dinners that are quick and easy to put together. My oldest daughter is a vegetarian, and since she is living at home this summer I am trying to cook more vegetarian meals on nights she will be home for dinner. But my husband won’t eat things like tofu or couscous, so I have to balance his more traditional tastes with her preferences. This pasta dish is vegetarian and can be put together in the few minutes it takes to boil pasta. The artichokes, avocados and corn add a decent amount of vegetables and the jalapeño adds a little bit of spice.
I have never added avocado to a pasta dish like this before, but it was really good. It made the dish rich and creamy. The only disadvantage is that if you have leftovers the avocado will oxidize and turn brown, which makes it not look as appetizing. But we didn’t have any leftovers, so that wasn’t a problem for us!
Quick Linguine with Avocado and Artichokes Recipe
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. parsley
- 1/4 c. capers, drained
- 1 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can artichokes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the linguine following the directions on the package.
- While it cooks chop the artichokes, garlic, jalapeño and avocado and mix with the parsley, capers, corn and oil in a big bowl.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in the bowl with the remaining ingredients.