This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MullerMoment #CollectiveBias
I love yogurt, especially with fruit. Today I made this Raspberry Cherry Yogurt Parfait, and it is a delicious snack.
To create this, I made a Raspberry-Cherry sauce and then layered it with Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Vanilla Bean Yogurt. The sauce was made by combining raspberries and cherries with a little bit of water, and then cooking it down to release the liquid.
I added a cinnamon stick to the sauce so that it would have a subtle cinnamon flavor. The fruit is sweet enough that it didn’t need to add any extra sugar or sweetener.
When I was at Walmart over the weekend they were having a demo for the Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt, so naturally I had to sample some. After all it is always good to have a snack while you shop! It is very creamy and has a distinctive rich flavor that did remind me of ice cream.
The yogurt comes in three flavors, Raspberry Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chip and Vanilla Bean. I bought some of each, and I used the Vanilla Bean in this recipe.
I layered the fruit sauce with the yogurt in shot glasses to make pretty parfaits. The sauce isn’t thick, so I didn’t even try to make distinct layers, I just added a bit of yogurt and then some sauce and let them mix together to form pretty swirls. I topped it all off with a little sprinkling of cinnamon.
- 1 c. Cherries (fresh or frozen
- 1 c. Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 T. water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 Muller Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt
- Put the cherries and raspberries in a sauce pan and add the water and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes until the fruit crushes and makes a sauce.
- Layer a spoonful of the yogurt in a shot glass, followed by a spoonful of the sauce. Tap the shot glass gently on the table to make the layers swirl together.
- Continue to fill the glass to the top repeating layers, and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- One container of yogurt is enough for about 2 parfaits.
The parfaits were delicious, and are the perfect size for a quick afternoon snack. The Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt is tasty enough to feel decadent, but more nutritious than ice cream. Mid-afternoon is when I start to feel like I need a snack, and with a fruit filled yogurt parfait I can have a dessert without the guilt. Of course the yogurt also makes an excellent breakfast too!
Love Muller? Visit www.Mullerquaker.com to sign up on for their mailing list and receive the latest news and offers. As a thank you, you’ll also get a coupon to use toward your next purchase! And Müller has many other varieties of yogurt too, many of which are now available on Rollback at Walmart for $.88.
What is your favorite afternoon snack?