This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MullerMoment #CollectiveBias
I love yogurt, especially with fruit. Â Today I made this Raspberry Cherry Yogurt Parfait, and it is a delicious snack.
To create this, I made a Raspberry-Cherry sauce and then layered it withÂ MÃ¼llerÂ® Ice Cream Inspired Vanilla Bean Yogurt. The sauce was made by combining raspberries and cherries with a little bit of water, and then cooking it down to release the liquid.
I added a cinnamon stick to the sauce so that it would have a subtle cinnamon flavor. Â The fruit is sweet enough that it didn’t need to add any extra sugar or sweetener.
When I was at Walmart over the weekend they were having a demo for theÂ MÃ¼llerÂ® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt, so naturally I had to sample some. Â After all it is always good to have a snack while you shop! Â It is very creamy and has a distinctive rich flavor that did remind me of ice cream.
The yogurt comes in three flavors, Raspberry Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chip and Vanilla Bean. Â I bought some of each, and I used the Vanilla Bean in this recipe.
I layered theÂ fruit sauce with the yogurt in shot glasses to make pretty parfaits. Â The sauce isn’t thick, so I didn’t even try to make distinct layers, I just added a bit of yogurt and then some sauce and let them mix together to form pretty swirls. Â I topped it all off with a little sprinkling of cinnamon.
- 1 c. Cherries (fresh or frozen
- 1 c. Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 T. water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 Muller Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt
- Put the cherries and raspberries in a sauce pan and add the water and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes until the fruit crushes and makes a sauce.
- Layer a spoonful of the yogurt in a shot glass, followed by a spoonful of the sauce. Tap the shot glass gently on the table to make the layers swirl together.
- Continue to fill the glass to the top repeating layers, and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- One container of yogurt is enough for about 2 parfaits.
The parfaits were delicious, and are the perfect size for a quick afternoon snack. Â The Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt is tasty enough to feel decadent, but more nutritious than ice cream. Â Mid-afternoon is when I start to feel like I need a snack, and with a fruit filled yogurt parfait I can have a dessert without the guilt. Â Of course the yogurt also makes an excellent breakfast too!
Love Muller? Visit www.Mullerquaker.com to sign up on for their mailing list and receive the latest news and offers. As a thank you, you’ll also get a coupon to use toward your next purchase! Â And MÃ¼ller has many other varieties of yogurt too, many of which are now available on Rollback at Walmart for $.88.
What is your favorite afternoon snack?