Awards season is in full swing, and of course this weekend is the biggest of all the award shows, the Academy Awards. Going to the theater is lots of fun, but staying in for the movies can be a blast too, especially when you make a movie night an event! To help my family gear up for the Oscars we rolled out the red carpet and celebrated in style with Wholly Guacamole and Daily’s Cocktails.
I was sent a fabulous Red Carpet Ready package that included Wholly Guacamole, Wholly Salsa, a $20 Walmart gift card to pick up an assortment of Daily’s Cocktails Pouches, and even a red carpet!
To make our movie night more exciting I decided to be a little adventurous and make something with the guacamole, rather than just serving chips and dip. Wholly Guacamole has a whole selection of recipes on their website, and after perusing their suggestions I decided to make Guacamole Deviled Eggs.
These were delicious, and just a little bit spicy. My kids love deviled eggs, and they were a little dubious about adding guacamole to them, but they gobbled them down!
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Submitted by: Wholly Guacamole®
- 4 whole eggs in the shell
- 1/2 cup Wholly Guacamole dip
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp minced green onion
- 1/4 tsp salt, or optional
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce e.g. Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, and peel. Slice eggs in half, and remove yolks to a mixing bowl.
- In the bowl with the yolks, combine the Wholly Guacamole dip, cilantro and green onion. Season with salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Mix well, and fill empty egg halves. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
We also added some Daily’s Cocktails for my husband and I, which is a great way to enjoy an adult beverage. These are so convenient because the alcohol is right in the pouch, so there is no messing around with blenders and mixers. You just freeze them for about 8 hours and then squeeze them and pour into glasses. They have 13 flavors, although my Walmart didn’t have as good a selection as I hoped. Daily’s recently added three new light flavors, Light Pink Lemonade, Light Mango Passion Fruit Daiquiri and Light Margarita, but my store didn’t have any of the light flavors in stock. So we ended up with Margarita, Pina Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri. But I will be keeping an eye out for the Light flavors, since I like the idea of a cocktail with fewer calories.
In addition to the deviled eggs we also had chips and salsa, and I loved the Red Pepper Mango Salsa! It was a refreshing taste, and very different.
We wanted to watch one of the Academy Award nominated movies for our movie night, and luckily some of them have recently been released on DVD. So I chose Argo, since from what I have read it is a slight favorite to be the best picture winner this year. We loved the movie! My teens needed a little background on the Iranian Hostage Crisis since it was not an area of history they were familiar with, but we all enjoyed the movie and it was certainly well acted and well directed. I can see why it is an Oscar front runner, although Lincoln is great too, and I would be happy if either one wins Sunday night!
- 4 Wholly Guacamole products
- 3 Wholly Salsa products
- $20 Walmart gift card
- Promotional items from both Daily’s and Wholly Guacamole
In addition you can join @DailysCocktails and @EatWholly on Sunday, Feb. 24th, for an Oscars Twitter party. They will be tweeting with the hashtags #RedCarpetReady and #Oscars starting at 7 p.m. EST. Of course they will have lots of great prizes to giveaway during the Twitter party.
- So enter my giveaway in the Rafflecopter form below, and join the party on Sunday!
Disclosure: I received products to review, all opinions are my own.