This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterEssentials #CollectiveBias
Spring and Easter are perfect times for entertaining! This spring I made these bright and cheerful Spring Sherbet Cookie Sandwiches for a colorful snack to have on hand for feeding company.
When you know company is coming it is great to have things done ahead of time, so that you aren’t running around at the last moment preparing food. These Sherbet Cookie Sandwiches are ideal for that, since they are made in advance and frozen until serving time.
I started out by making a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies using NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels. These morsels are perfect for spring because they include bright yellow and pink morsel along with always popular chocolate chips!
I made big and chewy cookies, and then put lime green sherbet in between them. Then I decorated the edges with more of the Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels. The bright pink, yellow and green colors of the Sherbet Sandwiches brighten up the day!
Check out this Instagram video showing all the steps in making the Sherbet Sandwiches.
Once they were done, I wrapped the cookie sandwiches in plastic wrap and stored them in the freezer, ready for company. The hardest part of the entire process was keeping the kids from raiding the freezer and eating them all up!
- 1½ sticks butter
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 2 c. flour
- 2 packages Spring Baking Morsels
- 1 quart lime sherbet
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and cool for 10 minutes.
- When the butter has cool put it in a mixer bowl, along with both beat until fluffly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix the baking soda, salt and flour together in a small bowl. Add all at once to the mixer and mix until well combined.
- Stir in one package of Spring Baking Morsels.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop out the cookie dough, and put balls well separated on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on wire racks.
- Once the cookies are cool put a scoop of lime sherbet on one cookie, spread it out with a knife and top it with another cookie.
- Use the second package of Spring Baking Morsels to decorate the sherbet.
- Wrap the cookie sandwiches in plastic wrap and freeze until time to serve.
I found the Spring Morsels at Walmart, where they were conveniently located in a big center aisle display with lots of spring baking ideas.
While I was at Walmart I also picked up some frozen foods to keep our freezer stocked up for the busy Easter holiday season. And the new HOT POCKETS® Snack Bites and Breakfast Bites are excellent for stocking the freezer. These are bite sized snacks with quality ingredients like premium meats and 100% real cheese.
They can be cooked in minutes in the microwave, or you can pop a whole tray full in the oven if you are feeding a crowd. Having easy to prepare food on hand in the freezer gives me peace of mind as the Easter gets closer!