It looks like spring might finally be here – our snow is melting and we can actually see grass! To celebrate I made this pretty Spring Tulle Wreath with Butterflies.
It was very easy to make, and took less than an hour from start to finish. And it is brightening up my front door now and reminding me that nicer weather will be here soon!
- 1 roll yellow sparkly tulle
- 1 roll green sparkly tulle
- wreath form
- Black beads
- Straight pins
To make the wreath first I cut the tulle into lengths about 22 inches long. I just cut both rolls of tulle, and that was just the right amount to fill up the wreath form, with a little bit left over from each roll. Then I took each strip and looped it in half.
I put it under the wreath form and put the ends of the strip through the loop.
Then I pulled the strip tight and pushed it up against the other strips.
I alternated yellow and green all the way around the wreath. I didn’t have a matching ribbon to use to hang the wreath, so I braided the 16 inches of left over tulle and used that to make a loop for hanging the wreath.
To decorate the wreath I put some black and white butterflies on, along with some black beads.
I was originally planning to use a hot glue gun to attach the butterflies and beads, but then I realized that straight pins pushed into the styrofoam wreath would be much less messy! I love how bright and cheerful this wreath looks, especially considering how easy it was to make.
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia