Make a small loaf of banana bread in your air fryer! Air fryer banana bread is a delicious sweet bread with a perfectly golden crust surrounding a fluffy interior bursting with banana flavor.
If you thought your air fryer was only good for making chicken wings and reheating pizza, prepare to be amazed! It is also excellent at baking, especially when you want a small-batch recipe.
My family loves banana bread, and it is a go-to snack when we want something to satisfy a sweet tooth. But sometimes, an entire loaf is just too much. This easy recipe makes one or two small mini loaf pans of banana bread, perfect for a family or a couple.
So if you’ve got a few overripe bananas sitting on the counter, why not turn them into the most delicious small batch of banana bread you’ve ever tasted? Learn how to make air fryer banana bread, get tips and tricks and get some serving ideas.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- Bananas: Make sure your bananas are ripe and spotty — the browner, the better! It’s incredible what ripe bananas can do for the flavor and texture of your banana bread.
- Sugar: I use all brown sugar for a deeper, more caramelized flavor. You can substitute granulated sugar if you prefer.
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Walnuts: These are optional. I usually make one loaf with walnuts and one without to keep everyone happy.
🥣How to Make Banana Bread in Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C) and spray two 3 x 5-inch loaf pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash your ripe bananas with a fork or a potato masher until smooth.
- Stir in the egg, oil, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until everything is well combined.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the banana mixture to the flour mixture, stirring gently until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- If you are using walnuts, fold them into the batter now. Or sprinkle them on top of the loaves.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pans and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the pan in the air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. If the top is browning too quickly, you can cover it with aluminum foil.
- Once your banana bread is done cooking, take the loaf pans out of the air fryer and let them cool for about 10 minutes. Then take the bread out and put it on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Now that you’ve made a beautiful loaf (or two) of air fryer banana bread, it’s time to serve it up! Here are some tasty ideas to try:
- Slice and enjoy it plain or with a pat of butter for a simple and satisfying treat.
- Toast a slice and spread it with your favorite nut butter, like almond or peanut butter, for a protein-packed snack.
- Make a banana bread sandwich with cream cheese or mascarpone in the middle for a decadent dessert.
- Top a warm slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce for a truly indulgent experience.
💭How to Store
Storing your banana bread loaf is crucial to maintaining its freshness and delicious taste. Once it is cool, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to keep it from drying out. Store it at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. To thaw, leave it on the counter for a few hours.
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Ripe bananas: The key to flavorful banana bread is using ripe bananas. Look for bananas with brown spots on the peel, as they’ll be sweeter and easier to mash.
- Measuring flour: To avoid dense banana bread, measure your flour correctly. Spoon the flour into your measuring cup and level it off with a knife rather than packing it in.
- Mixing the batter: Don’t overmix your banana bread batter, as this can cause it to become tough. Mix just until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Checking for doneness: To ensure your banana bread is fully cooked, insert a toothpick or skewer into the center. Your banana bread is ready if it comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs!
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with whole wheat, oat, or gluten-free flour blends. Keep in mind that each type of flour may affect the texture and flavor of your banana bread.
Of course! Mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit can add an extra layer of flavor and texture to your banana bread. Be sure not to overdo it and only add 1/2 cup of extras.
Yes, just cut the amount of each ingredient in half. Use just the egg yolk in place of the whole egg.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Air Fryer Banana Bread Recipe
- 1-2 medium ripe bananas 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ⅛ cup flour
- ⅜ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts macadamia nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit
- Spray two 3 x 5-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick spray. Set the air fryer at 320 degrees F and let it preheat for 3 minutes.
- Peel the brown bananas and place them in a large mixing bowl. Mash bananas with a fork until they are smooth.1-2 medium ripe bananas
- Mix the oil, milk, vanilla, and egg. Stir until well combined.3 tablespoons vegetable oil, ¼ cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 egg
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Stir to mix.1 ⅛ cup flour, ⅜ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- If you are adding nuts or chocolate chips, stir them in now. You can also sprinkle them on top.½ cup walnuts
- Divide the batter between the loaf pans.
- Cook in the air fryer at 320 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Air fryers vary, so stick a toothpick in the center to check for doneness. Put a piece of foil over the top if it is browning too fast and is not done in the middle.
- When it is done, let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then dump it out and put it on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Look for overripe bananas with brown spots on the peel, as they’ll be sweeter and easier to mash.
- Add 1/2 cup of nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips for extra flavor.
- Don’t overmix your banana bread batter, as this can cause it to become tough. Mix just until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- You can easily halve this recipe if you have a small air fryer or only want one loaf. Cut the ingredients in half, and only use the egg yolk in the batter.
- To ensure your banana bread is fully cooked, insert a toothpick or skewer into the center. Your banana bread is ready if it comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.