Air fryer cinnamon rolls are perfect for breakfast or an anytime snack! With this easy recipe, you can satisfy your sweet tooth and be eating warm and fluffy cinnamon rolls in just 10 minutes.
It doesn’t get any easier than this simple recipe to turn refrigerated dough into baked cinnamon rolls in no time at all! You don’t need fancy ingredients or to wait for the yeast to rise. Just open the dough and bake.
And if you have a little more time, you can make your sweet rolls into fun Christmas treats! Shape them into triangles and decorate them as Christmas trees or Santa hats for adorable Christmas Cinnamon Rolls.
Why not make some of both shapes? These treats are perfect for Christmas morning or anytime you want to enjoy a warm bakery-inspired treat on a cold winter’s day.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with included icing
Additions for Christmas Rolls
- Red or green icing
- Mini marshmallows
🥣How to Make Cinnamon Rolls in Air Fryer
- Open – Open the tube and place the rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Keep about an inch of space between them. My 5.8-quart air fryer has no problem fitting 8 rolls, but you might need to cook in batches if you have a smaller air fryer.
- Cook – Air fry at 360 degrees F for 7-8 minutes until the rolls are golden brown.
- Frost – Take them out and immediately cover the warm rolls with the cream cheese icing included in the tube.
- Reroll – Unroll the raw cinnamon roll dough. Reroll it, gently zig-zagging back and form to make a triangle shape.
- Air fry – Put them in the air fryer basket, leaving space between them. Air fry at 360 degrees F for 7-8 minutes until golden brown. Take them out of the air fryer.
- Christmas Tree – Cover the warm rolls in green frosting. Then add sprinkles and a star on top. Use the Reese’s mini to make a tree trunk.
- Santa Hat – Cover the warm rolls in red frosting. Add a mini marshmallow on the hat’s peak and line the bottom edge with 4 to 5 mini marshmallows.
💭How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container for 1-2 days. These will be the tastiest right after they are made while they are still warm. You can reheat leftovers in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm them back up.
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Using parchment paper is not necessary, but it does make cleanup easier. You can buy precut air fryer parchment paper sheets designed to fit in your air fryer.
- Larger products like Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls might need a few extra minutes of cooking time. If they still look doughy at the end of the cooking time, air fry them for 1-2 minutes longer.
- For best results frost the cinnamon rolls right away.
The main advantage is time. The rolls can be cooked in about half the time it would take in the oven without sacrificing any taste. So why not enjoy this treat sooner?
I like Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and Immaculate Baking Cinnamon Rolls. Pillsbury is significantly less expensive and easy to find at almost any grocery store. You can also try store brands like Trader Joe’s or Great Value. I prefer to buy ones that include cream cheese icing.
Yes, you can make the rolls into Christmas tree or Santa hat shapes and bake them in the oven. Just follow the directions on the package for the baking time.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 tube cinnamon rolls with icing
For Christmas Trees
- Star sprinkles
- Christmas sprinkles
- Green icing
- Resse's minis for trunk
- Red icing
- Mini marshmallows
Standard Cinnamon Rolls
- Open the tube and put the rolls in a single layer in the air fryer. Leave a little bit of space between them so they can expand.1 tube cinnamon rolls
- Air fry at 360 degrees F for 7-8 minutes.
- Use a spatula to take them out of the air fryer. Immediately spread them with the icing.
Christmas Cinnamon Rolls
- Open the tube and unroll the dough.1 tube cinnamon rolls
- Form into a tree/Santa shape by zig-zagging the cinnamon roll back and forth to make a triangle. Start with a longer piece and continue to zig-zag smaller as you go.
- Place them in the air fryer and cook for 7-8 minutes at 360 degrees F.
- Use a spatula to take them out of the air fryer and decorate them immediately.
- For Christmas trees: Coat the cinnamon roll in green icing. Quickly add the sprinkles before the icing sets. Add a star sprinkle on top. Use a dot of icing on the Reese’s Mini and stick it on the bottom to make a tree trunk.Star sprinkles, Christmas sprinkles, Green icing, Resse's minis
- For Santa: Frost each cinnamon roll with red icing. Place one mini marshmallow on the peak of Santa’s hat. Then add 4-5 mini marshmallows along the bottom to make the hat brim.Red icing, Mini marshmallows
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.