Make quick and easy air fryer French bread pizza! This recipe is a family favorite and perfect for pizza night. Crusty bread is topped with gooey cheese and all your favorite toppings in this simple 4 ingredient recipe.
Personal pizzas make a fantastic lunch or dinner! You can make everyone’s favorite flavors without much extra mess or effort. Make these delicious personal pizzas in the air fryer in minutes.
French bread is inexpensive and tastes fantastic loaded with toppings. So customize this dish with whatever toppings you love most. Can dinner time get any easier?
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
French bread – Chose a crusty loaf of French bread for the crust.
Pizza sauce – I buy a jar of pre-made sauce. A whole loaf of French bread needs about half of the jar.
Mozzarella cheese – Mozzarella is essential for nice gooey cheese.
Pepperoni or other toppings – Choose your favorite toppings! Just make sure any meat you use is fully cooked.
How to Make French Bread Pizza in the Air Fryer
1. Prepare the Bread
First, cut the loaf of bread into sections that will fit in your air fryer. You will be able to fit more in if you have one with a square basket. For my 5.8-quart Cosori air fryer I can fit two 10-inch pieces at a time.
A loaf of French bread is around 2 feet long, so I end up with 4 halves and some extra. Save the leftover bread and make cheesy air fryer garlic bread the next day!
Cut each bread section in half lengthwise. Then put them in the air fryer, with the cut side up, and cook them at 350 degrees F for 2 minutes. This toasts the top of the bread so that the sauce doesn’t soak in too much.
If you like a really crispy bottom crust you can flip the slices over and cook them at 350 degrees F for another 2 minutes, but I don’t usually bother.
2. Make the Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
Once the bread is toasted spread about 2 tablespoons of sauce on top of the cut half. Then sprinkle about 1/4 cup of cheese on the sauce. Don’t add toppings yet!
Toppings tend to be lightweight and can move around because of the powerful fan. Waiting to add them until after the cheese has started to melt helps keep them anchored in place.
Cook the bread at 350 degrees F for 4 minutes. Then pull the basket out and add the toppings. Push them down into the melted cheese slightly so they don’t fly around. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Take the pizza out and make another batch if you are serving more than 2 people.
How to Serve
Sprinkle your homemade pizza with parmesan, fresh basil or red pepper flakes. This makes an excellent dinner or quick lunch! I like to serve it with a simple green salad or some seasonal fruit on the side. Another fun idea is to cut it into smaller slices and serve it at a party.
Favorite Pizza Topping Ideas
Any cooked topping can be used. Set up a topping bar and let everyone make their own customizable pizza! Here are some of our family favorites.
- cooked sausage
- cooked shredded chicken
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Cook the bread for a couple of minutes before adding the sauce. This toasts it and keeps it from getting soggy.
- Melt the cheese and then add the toppings and cook a little more. The melty cheese will anchor the toppings in place.
- Using a food processor to chop the shredded cheese will make it melt more evenly.
Preheat at 400 degrees F for 2 minutes. Then add the frozen pizza and cook it at 400 F for 5 minutes. Let it cool for a minute or two before serving.
Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees. Place the slices of leftover French bread pizza slices in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-4 minutes until warmed through.
Melting the cheese before adding the toppings is the easiest way to keep toppings from moving. The melted cheese will hold the toppings in place. Press them down gently into the cheese to anchor them.
Air frying the bread for 2 minutes before adding the sauce and topping will make it crispier and eliminate the risk of soggy pizza.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 36 pepperoni slices or your favorite toppings
- Cut the loaf into sections that will fit in your air fryer. Then cut the sections lenghtwise like an open face sandwich.1 loaf French bread
- Put bread sections in the basket or oven with the cut side up. Cook at 350 degrees F for 2 minutes before you add any toppings. This makes the top of the bread crispier so the sauce doesn’t soak in. If you like a very crispy bottom crust flip the bread over and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each half. Then sprinkle about 1/4 cup of cheese over the top. Do not add the toppings yet.1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the halves in the basket and cook at 350 F for 4 minutes.
- Add the pepperoni slices or other toppings, gently pressing them down into the cheese. The melted cheese will help hold them in place.36 pepperoni slices
- Cook at 350 for an additional 2 minutes.
- Optional: Top with parmesan cheese, fresh basil, or crushed red pepper flakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.