Quick, easy and convenient, making pizza rolls in an air fryer is a perfect simple snack or appetizer. Air fryer pizza rolls are crisp outside and soft inside for a delicious bite size goodness. And they can be ready in about 10 minutes!
I enjoy cooking from scratch – but not all the time! Sometimes you just need quick convenience foods for lunch or a busy weeknight. And when you need frozen food cooked fast an air fryer is the ideal cooking appliance!
Frozen pizza rolls are like fun little handheld pizzas. They are perfect for dipping into marinara sauce or ranch dressing and make a great kid friendly meal or appetizer.
And even though kids love them adults do too. You can buy them with all kinds of fillings, from cheese to pepperoni to supreme pizza rolls stuffed with all kinds of pizza toppings.
Air fryer pizza rolls are great when you want a quick bite sized snack. The combination of the crispy outside with a sauce and gooey cheese inside is extremely tasty and kind of addictive!
Why Air Fry Pizza Rolls?
An air fryer is the best way to make frozen pizza rolls. Microwaves cook pizza rolls fast, but the resulting rolls are soggy and not crisp at all. And pizza rolls are supposed to be crispy!
An oven or toaster oven will make them crispier than a microwave, but it will take 20 minutes by the time you preheat the oven. And they won’t be as crispy as an air fryer will get them.
With an air fryer you get quick cooking with the crispiest outside. So air frying is obviously the best choice for cooking frozen pizza rolls!
This is recipe with only one ingredient, frozen pizza rolls. Pick your favorite brand and flavor. I air fried Totinos pizza rolls, using the regular size, for this post.
There are also mini size pizza rolls, which I’ve never tried because regular sized ones are already pretty small. But you can cook those in the air fryer too, they just will be ready a little more quickly.
How to Make Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer
While I don’t always preheat my air fryer I do when I want something to be very crispy. So set the air fryer at 380 degrees F and preheat it for three minutes while you find the bag of Totinos pizza rolls in the freezer.
2. Air Fry
Put the frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer basket, being careful not to crowd them too much. My 5.8 quart Cosori air fryer can fit about 15-16 Totinos pizza rolls..
But if you have a larger bag and are feeding more people then you will have to cook in batches. Don’t stack the pizza rolls up, a single layer will give you the most even cooking.
Set the air fryer at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. This is just a starting time, they will take a little longer to cook, depending on how powerful your air fryer is and the brand of pizza rolls you are using.
After 5 minutes pull the basket out and check the pizza rolls. They are done when they are golden brown with possibly a tiny bit of filling just starting to leak out the edges.
The picture above shows what they look like when the filling just starts to come out. If you keep cooking them they will burst open, which is kind of messy!
After you check them shake the basket, then put them back in for 1 minute intervals, checking after each minute, until they are done. Most air fryers will take 6-10 minutes to cook pizza rolls.
After the first time you have made these you’ll know about how long it will take in your air fryer. Then just set the initial cooking time for 1 minute less than you expect.
This is a very important step! The filling will be very hot when they are done. If you eat one right away you will burn the roof of your mouth and regret it for the next few days!
So let them rest for 2-3 minutes before serving, no matter how impatient you are to eat these little pizza bites.
How to Serve
These are usually served with pizza sauce, marinara sauce or ranch dip. My kids’ favorite is way to eat them is to dip them in blue cheese dressing. Some other great dipping possibilities are barbecue sauce or pesto.
If you are trying to make them look fancier sprinkle them with parsley, Parmesan cheese or garlic salt before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you let the pizza rolls rest before eating so you don’t burn your mouth!
- Do not thaw them before cooking.
- Cook them in a single layer in the air fryer, do not crowd the basket.
- Note how long air frying pizza rolls takes the first time you make them. Then you will know the ideal cooking time for your air fryer for next time.
Start by setting the air fryer to 5 minutes at 380 degrees F. Then check the pizza rolls and add time 1 minute at time until they are golden brown. If you cook them too long they will burst open, so watch them closely the first time you make them.
An air fryer is the best way to cook pizza rolls. Microwaves cook fast, but don’t result in crispy pizza rolls. An oven will be crispy, but not as crispy as an air fryer and it takes a while. An air fryer gives you the best of both worlds and heats these bite sized appetizers fast.
No, pizza rolls don’t need any additional oil when you are cooking them in the air fryer. They will crisp up nicely as long as you don’t overcrowd them in the air fryer basket.
You not only can air fry pizza rolls you should. Air frying pizza rolls is the best way to cook them because it is fast and makes them crispy.
Find More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 bag pizza rolls (24.8 ounces)
- Dipping Sauce suggestions - Pizza sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, pesto
- Preheat the air fryer at 380 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Spread the frozen pizza rolls in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 380 degrees F. Check the pizza rolls to see if are done. They are done when they are golden brown and the filling is almost leaking out of the sides.
- Shake the basket to redistribute the pizza rolls. Continue to air fry at 380 degrees F in 1 minute intervals and checking to see if they are done. The exact time will depend on the air fryer, but it usually takes an additional 1-5 minutes.
- Let them rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sauce for dipping like pizza sauce, marinara sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing or pesto.
Mini Pizza Rolls
If using mini pizza rolls start checking them after 4 minutes of cooking time, since they will cook more quickly.
- Make sure you let the pizza rolls rest before eating so you don't burn your mouth!
- Do not thaw them before cooking.
- Note how long it took to air fry pizza rolls the first time you make them. Then you will know the ideal cooking time for your air fryer for next time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:6 rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 8gCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 6g