Make this delicious air fryer pork loin for a fast roast pork dinner. The meat is brown and crispy outside with tender, juicy, perfectly cooked meat inside. It is the perfect balance of juicy, crispy, and tender from the inside out—and cooked in a fraction of the time it would take in the oven!
Finished with a honey mustard glaze, this air fryer pork roast is fancy enough for a holiday dinner yet simple enough for a weeknight meal. It will hit the spot, become a family favorite meal and eliminate worry over dry, unappealing pork.
In the past, I have posted recipes for oven-roasted pork loin and Instant Pot pork loin. So naturally, as I have been using my air fryer more and more, I started to wonder, “Can I cook a pork roast in the air fryer?“.
The answer is yes, not only can you cook one in the air fryer, it tastes incredible and is ready very quickly!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This recipe is straightforward with only everyday ingredients making it perfect for a busy weeknight.
There are no extra steps, and no marinade is needed.
This roast cooks fast, in about half the time it would take to cook in the oven.
The larger size makes it easy to feed many people or just plan to use the leftovers for sandwiches or meal prep.
What is the Difference Between Pork Loin and Pork Tenderloin
Although these two cuts of pork sound similar, they are not interchangeable. They require different recipes because of the different sizes and amounts of fat they contain.
- Pork loin – This cut of meat is broader and flatter and usually has a layer of fat on top. It ranges from 2-5 pounds in size, so it is relatively large. This cut comes from the back of the pig.
- Pork tenderloin – This cut of meat is skinny and has very little fat. It is usually about 1 1/2 pounds in size, so much smaller. It is always sold boneless. It is cut from the muscle that goes along the backbone.
If you search for one recipe on google or Pinterest, you will sometimes get a recipe for the other one instead, which adds to the confusion.
If you use this recipe to cook pork tenderloin, it will give you overcooked, dry pork. If you are looking for an air fryer pork tenderloin recipe, go to this post instead!
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Loin
1. Check the fit
The first thing to do is make sure your roast fits into your air fryer. I have a 5.8-quart air fryer, and my roast, which was a little over 3 pounds, fit diagonally.
Fitting a pork loin in a circular air fryer basket will probably be trickier. If yours is a little bit too big, you can always slice a bit off the ends so that it fits. You can cook the slices another day or cook it in two halves.
Take mustard and smear it all over the top of the roast. You can use yellow mustard, spicy mustard, or Dijon, whatever your preference. Then sprinkle rosemary, salt, and pepper on top of the mustard.
You can use a dry rub without the mustard. The mustard helps the spices stick to the meat and adds some flavor, but it isn’t essential
3. Air Fry the Pork
Put the roast in the air fryer and cook it at 370 F for 45 minutes. After 25 minutes, take the air fryer basket out and flip it to the other side.
Check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer when the air fryer is done cooking. The optimal pork temperature for food safety is 145 degrees F. Air fryers differ in how fast they cook, and pork loins have different sizes.
Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, don’t try to cook based just on time. A thermometer is not expensive and the peace of mind they give you is priceless. Food poisoning is not fun! This is my favorite inexpensive meat thermometer, which you can buy on Amazon.
4. Glaze with Honey
Once the meat is done, add a little bit of honey to glaze it. The honey caramelizes, mixes with the mustard, and gives the final roast a delicious honey mustard flavor.
Use a pastry brush or spoon to add a few tablespoons of honey on top of the pork loin. Then put it back in the air fryer and cook it at 300 F for another 2 minutes.
How to Serve
After the roast is done, remove it to a serving platter and let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Letting the pork rest allows it to reabsorb the juices, which keeps the meat moist and delicious.
Growing up, we frequently served it with sauerkraut, which is also a classic roast pork dinner for New Year’s good luck!
How to Store
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Leftover pork loin is delicious on sandwiches – a Cuban sandwich or Ba Minh sandwich are my favorites!
If you want to reheat pork loin, then put a piece of meat in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
You can trim the fat cap if you like, but it isn’t necessary. I generally don’t bother, but it will decrease the meal’s calorie count.
Both brining and marinading increase the amount of water inside, making for juicier meat. But an air fryer pork roast cooks fast and at a high enough temperature that a brine or marinade isn’t necessary.
You can cut the end off your roast if it is just a little bit too big. You can also cut it in half and cook both halves, separately or together.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
- 3-5 pound pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Make sure your pork loin roast fits in your air fryer basket. You can trim the end off the roast if it is just a little bit too big.
- Take the roast out of its package and pat it dry. Then smear the mustard all over the top, which has a fat cap.
- Sprinkle the rosemary, salt, and pepper on top of the mustard.
- Put the meat in the air fryer at 370 degrees F for 45 minutes. After 25 minutes take out the air fryer basket and flip the meat.
- After 45 minutes check the pork with an instant-read thermometer and make sure it has reached 145 degrees F in the middle. If it hasn't put it back in for another 5-10 minutes and recheck it. Cooking times vary for different air fryers, so always check the internal temperature, don't guess.
- Once the pork reaches 145 degrees F use a pastry brush or spoon to coat the top with honey. Then put the basket back in the air fryer and cook it at 300 F for 2 minutes. This lets the honey caramelize on the meat so it has a honey mustard flavor.
- Once the pork is done put it on a serving platter and let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
You can skip the mustard and just use pork seasoning or Italian seasoning on the roast. Or season it with salt, garlic powder, and onion powder for a simple meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 437mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 75g
Nutrition facts are estimates.