I am always looking for something new and different for breakfast. I am also trying to eat more fruit, and this is a delicious way to do that. I made this Apple Cherry Bake for breakfast, and it was sweet and tasty.
It is kind of like a fruit crisp, only without the topping. It does take a while to bake, but I think it would work well in a slow cooker, so I am going to try that next time and start it before bedtime. It is a perfect brunch dish, and would go well with muffins or eggs to make a complete and tasty meal.I love cherries, because they are so sweet. The combination of cherries and apples goes very well together, and makes for a perfect morning treat.
- 3 apples
- 1 1/2 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Core and chop apples, but don't peel. I used Granny Smith apples.
- Pit cherries and cut in half.
- Add the spices and mix all the ingredients together and bake for 45 minutes.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134 Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 20g Protein: 1g