I like delictica squash because of its size – It is the perfect size to for two people. Since it is small it is much easier to cut than a large squash like butternut, and it doesn’t take as long to cook either. I usually just pierce it with a knife, microwave it for 10 minutes and serve. But this weekend I made it a little fancier by adding apples and cinnamon and baking it, and the result was delicious.
- 1 Delicata squash
- salt to taste
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter, split
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Put halves in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt.
- Peel and slice apple. Put apple slices in center squash. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with butter.
- Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g