- 8 oz bacon, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 oz. portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 12 oz Arborio rice
- 2 oz. white wine
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 6 oz Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet cook bacon until brown. Remove and drain, and pour off most of the bacon fat.
- Add garlic, onions and mushrooms to skillet and saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice, stir until all the rice is coated. Add wine, and stir until it is absorbed.
- Add chicken stock 1 cup at a time, stirring until it is absorbed. Continue until all the stock is gone.
- Add the bacon, cheese and butter, season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622Saturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1003mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
Disclosure: I received product to review, all opinions are my own.