An air fryer excels at making crispy, bite sized appetizers! You can make appetizers for watching football or just for a fun family dinner. This collection of 40+ air fryer appetizers has something for everyone, whether you are looking for keto, gluten free, paleo or just yummy appetizer ideas.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The best thing about an air fryer is that it lets get fried food taste with less oil, which means less calories. And nowhere is that more important than in making appetizers, since so many of the most delicious appetizers are fried.
With an air fryer you can make classic appetizers like chicken wings and meatballs, along with healthier options like crispy cauliflower and zucchini chips. And because these appetizers aren’t deep fried they are better for you.
Appetizers Aren’t Just for Parties
We tend to think of parties when we think of appetizers, but they are great anytime. Make 3 or 4 air fryer appetizers and a selection of dipping sauces for dinner one night and your family will think it is a brilliant idea!
Right now football playoffs are underway, so it is the perfect time to make some appetizers to eat while you enjoy the games, even if you aren’t hosting a gathering.
How to Serve Air Fryer Appetizers
The best way to serve these air fryer appetizers is to set up a few serving platters with a selection of finger foods for easy grab and go. Serving lots of finger food means fewer dished to clean up – which is always a win.
A basic rule of thumb is to have 3-4 different types of appetizers for 8-10 people. I like to include at least one semi-healthy choice among the appetizers, even if it is just carrot and celery sticks.
Along with the appetizers include a selection of dipping sauces in a collection of pretty bowls! Here are some of my favorite dipping sauces:
Additionally some appetizers have condiments that just have to be included if you are serving them! If you are making chicken wings you need Blue cheese dressing. And a blooming onion has to have blooming onion sauce!
You can find my collection of the Best 40+ air fryer appetizers here. As a bonus I’ve included a recipe for one of the most delicious and iconic appetizers, Air Fryer Chicken Wings! See the list of appetizers below, or jump right to the chicken wing recipe.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings, thawed if using frozen
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Lay the wings on a paper towel lined baking sheet and pat them dry.
- Put the wings in a large bowl and drizzle the oil over the top of them. Toss to coat them with oil.
- Mix the salt, seasoned salt, paprika, black pepper, dried parsley and onion powder in a bowl.
- Add the seasoning to the bowl with the wings and toss to coat them well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Place the wings in the air fryer basket. Don't crowd the basket, if you have a small air fryer cook the wings in batches.
- Cook at 380 F for 10-15 minutes, taking the basket out to shake every 5 minutes.
- The wings will be brown and crispy when done.
- Serve the wings with your favorite dipping sauces.
The two biggest keys to getting crispy air fryer chicken wings are:
- Patting the wings dry before adding the spices
- Preheating the air fryer before adding the wings
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 898mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
Nutrition facts are estimates.