I enjoy baking, but that doesn’t mean I don’t take shortcuts! If you love classic chocolate chip cookies (and who doesn’t?), making Bisquick cookies is a great way to make baking even quicker and easier!
This family favorite recipe has only 6 simple ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes, making these classic cookies perfect for baking with kids. This recipe makes tasty, chewy cookies filled with lots and lots of chocolate chips.
Using Bisquick in place of the dry ingredients lets you skip a bunch of measuring and mixing, so you get to the eating more quickly! I used a combination of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in this simple recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. You can mix in your favorite chocolate chips, from semi-sweet to dark chocolate.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
Bisquick – Use the baking mix in place of all the dry ingredients.
Brown sugar – Using only brown sugar in the recipe makes these softer and chewier than if they were made with a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar.
Butter, eggs, vanilla – These baking staples complete the recipe. Make sure the butter is softened to room temperature before starting baking
Chocolate chips – Use your favorite variety of chips in this recipe. My favorite is half semi-sweet chocolate chips and half peanut butter chips for a tasty chocolate peanut butter combination! But white chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate chips would all work perfectly in this recipe.
How to Make Bisquick Cookies
1. Make the Dough
Put the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and cream them until they are fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
Then add the Bisquick mix and combine it on low speed. Stir in your chosen chocolate chips, but leave a few out to press on top of the cookies.
These don’t need a cooking spray or silicone baking mats. They just go right on ungreased baking sheets and should come off easily after baking.
Use a spoon or a medium cookie scoop to drop about a tablespoon of dough onto the sheets. Then place a few chocolate chips and peanut butter chips on top of the dough balls. Adding the extra chips on top makes the cookies look amazing after baking.
Bake them in a 350-degree F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the edges look set. Let them cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes, then remove them to wire racks.
Like most chocolate chip cookies, these are best when they are warm, right out of the oven. The chocolate and peanut butter are melty, and these taste like a peanut butter cup! Serve these fantastic chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk for the ultimate easy dessert.
How to Store
Store Bisquick cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. To warm them up again, place one on a paper towel and microwave it for about 15 seconds. This will give you melty chocolate, just like when they were right out of the oven.
How to Freeze
Once they have cooled, you can freeze them in an airtight freezer container. They will keep for about 3 months. Just leave the frozen cookies on the kitchen counter overnight to thaw them.
Tips for Making the Best Bisquick Cookies
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Make sure you soften the butter before starting baking. One hour at room temperature should be long enough.
- There is no need to grease the baking sheet or use parchment paper.
- Pressing chocolate chips into the top of the cookies makes them look amazing after baking.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips *see notes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips *see notes
- extra chocoalte and peanut butter chips for the top of the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a mixer to cream the butter and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy.1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.1 egg, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the Bisquick mix to the wet ingredients and blend on low speed. Then stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, reserving a few to place on top.2 3/4 cup Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Press a few chocolate chips or peanut butter chips on top of the cookies.extra chocoalte and peanut butter chips for the top of the cookies
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the edges are set and the cookies are golden brown.
- Let them cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then place them on cooling racks.
- These are also great with all chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, toffee chips or whatever kind you like best!
- Soften the butter before starting baking.
- Pressing extra chocolate chips into the top of the cookies makes them look amazing after baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.