This post contains affiliate links.
These Brownie Sundae Cookies are a perfect mini dessert!
This dessert has flourless Brownie Cookies as a base. Â The cookies are a family favorite, because they are so big and chewy. Â But the batter is very thin and runny, so it spreads all over the cookie sheet. Â So I had the idea to use Mason jar lids as a mold, so that the batter would be contained and the cookies would be perfectly circular.Â
I used wide mouth Mason jar lids, and nine lids was the perfect number for this small batch of cookies. Â Just make sure you turn the Mason jar lids so that the metal side is up, and spray them well with cooking spray. Â I ended up with 9 perfectly circular cookies.
These cookies are tasty by themselves, but they also make the perfect base for a Mini Sundae Dessert, and the Mason jar lids are a built in bowl. I topped them off with Vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and a cherry, for an irresistible treat.Â Of course it is best if you serve the cookies warm, right out of the oven, but they were tasty the next day too.
One of the things I really liked about this dessert is the small size! Â The cookie is just the right size for a tiny scoop of ice cream, so it ends up being a nice treat but not an overwhelming huge dessert.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 9 smalll scoop Vanilla ice cream
- 9 Tablespoon Chocolate sauce
- 9 cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lay out 9 wide mouth mason jar lids on a tray with the tops of the lids facing up.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Beat the egg whites and vanilla in a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder, sugar and salt over the egg whites.
- Fold in with a spatual until mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon evenly into the mason jar lids.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with ice cream, chocolate sauce and a cherry.
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are just for the cookie, without the ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g