A few days ago I posted a recipe for Buitonis Chicken Marsala Ravioli, and today I have another Buitoni pasta recipe, this time using Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti. This recipe is even easier than the first one! When using these kinds of gourmet filled pasta I don’t like to make a sauce that is too complicated, because I want to be able to taste all the great flavors of the pasta.
The Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti is filled with butternut squash, impastata ricotta, aged parmesan, grana padano and is accented with amaretti cookie crumbs. I loved this pasta, I think because it had so much cheese, and in so many different varieties. The sauce I paired it with is a simple tomato and green onion sauce, and the key to making this is not to cook the tomatoes too much. You want the tomatoes to be warm, but not completely cooked. I used multicolored heirloom grape tomatoes for this, so it would be prettier, but it would be fine with all red ones.
Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti with Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 4 green onions chopped
- 10 oz Butternut Squash Agnolotti
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the Agnolotti following the package directions.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, and sautee the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and green onions and cook for about 2 minutes,
- Stir in the cooked pasta and serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Disclosure: I received product to review, all opinions are my own.