I made this for dinner on Halloween and it was delicious. I’m not a huge squash fan, so I like it when recipes add extra flavors so the squash flavor isn’t too overwhelming. We served this with pumpkin bread and it was an excellent and seasonal Halloween meal.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 butternut squash, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 cups broth, chicken or veggie
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Cook bacon, crumble and reserve.
- Sautee onion, leek and garlic in butter for 10 minutes. (You could sautee them in the bacon grease, but since my daughter is vegetarian I used butter)
- Add squash, apple, broth and 1/2 c. water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until soup is smooth. Then add in yogurt, cream cheese and spices and cook on low heat until smooth. Don't let it boil.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 1893mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 7gSugar: 17gProtein: 8g