I am always looking for quick ways to get a homemade dinner on the table.Â Between my husbandâ€™s work schedule and my daughterâ€™s dance classes I frequently need to get dinner made and served in less than half an hour.Â This is the kind of schedule that Campbellâ€™s new Skillet Sauces are designed for!
I had the chance to try out these new sauces last week, and it was just as easy to make as the package describes.Â You can have one of these ready to go in just 15 minutes. I chose to make the Creamy Chipotle with Roasted Corn & Black Beans.Â To make it all I did was heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet, and then add a chopped chicken breast and cook until brown.Â Then I added the Skillet Sauce and cooked it for about 5 more minutes.Â I served the result over noodles, and it was very tasty.
The dish was had just the right amount of spiciness, so I could taste the chili peppers but they did not overwhelm the rest of the dish.Â My husband was a little dubious when he saw that it was a package mix, but he loved it!Â He thinks it will taste even better with beef, so I am going to try that next time.Â The package says that is serves 2, but it is very generous portions for 2, and could serve more.Â We would have had leftovers, but my husband went back for seconds and finished it all off.Â I made a green salad to go along with the Skillet Sauce and had the complete meal ready in about 20 minutes, and it could have been even faster if Iâ€™d served it over instant rice.
The Campbellâ€™s Skillet Sauces are available in six varieties:
- Creamy Chipotle with Roasted Corn & Black Beans
- Marsala with Mushrooms & Garlic
- Thai Green Curry with Lemongrass & Basil
- Toasted Sesame with Garlic & Ginger
- Fire Roasted Tomato with Red Bell Peppers & Chiles
- Scampi with White Wine & Garlic
- You can find the sauces at grocery stores nationwide alongside boxed dinner kits, marinades, sauces, gravy or broth.Â Â Â You can connect with Campbell’s on their Skillet Sauce Facebook Page.Â Let me know which flavor sounds best to you!
Disclosure: I received product to review. Campbell supplied me with the product so I could post about my experience. All opinions are my own.