When it comes to the holiday season I love things that are easy to make – and delicious too of course. These Candy Cane Dessert Minis are perfect, because they are made with three simple ingredients!
I got the recipe for the Candy Cane Dessert Minis from the Kraft website, where you can find quite a few easy recipes that are perfect for the holiday season. I was intrigued by these desserts because I think mini desserts are cute and practical!
They are especially good for parties, when there are lots of delicious treats to sample and you want a little taste of everything.
To make the desserts I crushed up some candy canes putting them inside a bag and by smashing them with a rolling pin. This is a great chore for kids, who love an excuse to bang things and make noise.
Then I combined the candy cane pieces with Raspberry Jello, and added boiling water. I stirred the water until the candy cane pieces melted, to add a nice peppermint taste to the dessert.
Then I added in most of a container of Cool Whip, and poured the desserts into shot glasses. It is much easier if you use a bowl with a pour spout, since spooning things into the small shot glasses is messy!
If you don’t have as large a collection of shot glasses as I do, you could use wine glasses or other pretty decorative glassware for a nice presentation. After refrigerating the dessert for a few hours to firm up the gelatin it is topped off with the remainder of the Cool Whip and some candy cane sprinkles.
The result is simple, yet elegant desserts.
Candy Cane Dessert Minis
- 12 mini candy canes
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package raspberry jello
- 1 tub whipped topping
- Crush the candy canes and reserve about 2 T for using as a garnish.12 mini candy canes
- Combine the remaining candy canes, about 1/3 of a cup, in a bowl with the jello.1 package raspberry jello
- Add the boiling water and stir for about 2 minutes, until the Jell-o dissolves and the candy cane pieces melt.1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Reserve 1/2 c. of the Cool Whip. Stir the rest of the Cool Whip into the Jell-o mixture until it is well mixed.1 tub whipped topping
- Pour into 2 oz. shot glasses and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- Top with reserved Cool Whip and candy cane pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
What are you favorite mini desserts?