Sponsored post by Lunchbox. Some links are affiliate links.
When it comes to the holiday season I love things that are easy to make – and delicious too of course. These Candy Cane Dessert Minis are perfect, because they are made with three simple ingredients!
I got the recipe for the Candy Cane Dessert Minis from the Kraft website, where you can find quite a few easy recipes that are perfect for the holiday season. I was intrigued by these desserts because I think mini desserts are cute and practical! They are especially good for parties, when there are lots of delicious treats to sample and you want a little taste of everything.
And I especially love how easy these are to make. There are only 3 ingredients – Jell-o, Cool Whip, and Candy Canes. It doesn’t get much simpler that that. To make the desserts I crushed up some candy canes putting them inside a bag and by smashing them with a rolling pin. This is a great chore for kids, who love an excuse to bang things and make noise.
Then I combined the candy cane pieces with Raspberry Jello, and added boiling water. I stirred the water until the candy cane pieces melted, to add a nice peppermint taste to the dessert. Then I added in most of a container of Cool Whip, and poured the desserts into shot glasses. It is much easier if you use a bowl with a pour spout, since spooning things into the small shot glasses is messy!
If you don’t have as large a collection of shot glasses as I do, you could use wine glasses or other pretty decorative glassware for a nice presentation. After refrigerating the dessert for a few hours to firm up the gelatin it is topped off with the remainder of the Cool Whip and some candy cane sprinkles.
The result is simple, yet elegant desserts.
- 12 mini candy canes
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package Raspberry jello, JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub whipped topping
- Crush the candy canes and reserve about 2 T for using as a garnish.
- Combine the remaining candy canes, about 1/3 of a cup, in a bowl with the jello.
- Add the boiling water and stir for about 2 minutes, until the Jell-o dissolves and the candy cane pieces melt.
- Reserve 1/2 c. of the Cool Whip. Stir the rest of the Cool Whip into the Jell-o mixture until it is well mixed.
- Pour into 2 oz. shot glasses and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- Top with reserved Cool Whip and candy cane pieces.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Saturated Fat: 2gSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 19gSugar: 14g
What are you favorite mini desserts?