Indulge in cute and chewy candy corn cookies this Fall! This cute treat has sweet-flavored goodness with a nostalgic taste of Fall.
These are ideal snacks if you are looking for something quick and yummy that is not spooky! The cookies are a great way to use leftover candy corn and make a different and fun treat.
These are similar to sugar cookies and are chewy cookies with candy corn inside and on top. These cookies are perfect for any occasion, like parties or movie nights. Your family will love this seasonal treat!
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
Heavy cream – The cream adds fat to the cookies, keeping them soft.
Cornstarch – Cornstarch also helps make the cookies soft and chewy.
Candy Corn – Whole or diced pieces go inside and on top of the cookies.
The remaining ingredients are baking staples, including butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt.
🥣How to Make Candy Corn Cookies
1. Make the Dough
Use an electric mixer to cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl. Once it is creamy and fluffy, add the egg, vanilla, and heavy cream and mix until combined.
Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Mix together, then add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and combine until the dough forms.
2. Make the Cookies
Candy corn is made from 100% sugar, so you need to make sure the pieces don’t touch the hot cookie sheets when baking. So instead of stirring the candy corn into the batter, the candy is sandwiched between two cookie dough balls.
Use a tablespoon to scoop cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten the piece of dough into a circle and put it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Place 3 or 4 pieces of candy corn in the center of the dough. Then scoop another tablespoon of cookie dough, flatten it and press it over the candy corn. Press the mounds of dough around the edges to seal the candy inside.
Continue to make cookies until the baking sheets are full. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 8-10 minutes.
Take the cookie sheets out and lightly press a few candy corn pieces into the top. Put the cookie sheet back in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the candy corn into the cookies.
💭How to Store
These keep well in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies will keep for about 5 days. Or you can freeze them in a freezer-safe container, where they will keep for 2 months.
⭐Tips for Making the Best Candy Corn Cookies
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Add a cup of peanuts or white chocolate chips to the cookies if you like. These add flavor and complement the sweet candy corn. Don’t add more than 1 cup of extra ingredients, though.
- Make sure that the candy corn doesn’t touch the hot baking sheets! It will burn, so keep the candy pieces entirely covered by dough.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Candy Corn Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup candy corn
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.½ cup unsalted butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Add in egg, vanilla, and heavy cream and continue mixing until well incorporated.1 egg, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch and mix together well.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix after each addition and continue until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop out 1 heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Then flatten it into a circle and place it on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Place 3-4 pieces of candy corn in the center of the circle of dough.½ cup candy corn
- Scoop out another tablespoon of dough and flatten it. Press it over the top of the candy. Press the edges to seal the candy inside.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Then take the tray from the oven and immediately press a few pieces of candy corn on top of the cookies.
- Place the cookies back in the oven for 2 minutes so the candy sticks to the top.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Then place them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.