This orange creamsicle smoothie is filled with fruit, which makes it a great beverage for a quick breakfast or snack. It makes a creamy and delicious treat with only five simple ingredients and a taste that will remind you of creamsicle popsicles.
Cool and refreshing smoothies are the perfect summer time beverage. Whether it is a strawberry avocado smoothie or a berry oat smoothie their creamy and fruity goodness makes them an amazing healthy snack or breakfast.
This orange creamsicle smoothie is a throwback to childhood with all the flavors of a creamsicle popsicle or an Orange Julius. For me it brings back summertime memories of running to the ice cream truck with allowance!
The smoothie uses orange juice as a base, and then adds in some cantaloupe and banana, for lots of fruit in one delicious glass.
This smoothie has only 5 simple ingredients which combine together for creamy citrus flavor.
- Orange juice – The orange juice can be fresh squeezed if you have it, but if not bottled juice works fine.
- Frozen banana – Using a frozen banana is part of what makes the smoothie so creamy.
- Cantaloupe – Cantaloupe isn’t a traditional ingredients in orange creamsicles, but I love adding it to this smoothie. It makes the smoothier thicker and creamier. It also cuts the taste of the orange juice so that the smoothie has more depth of flavor.
- Vanilla – Creamsicles have a slight vanilla flavor.
- Coconut cream – The coconut cream is optional, but it adds some fat to the smoothie to make it more filling. It also makes it creamier and provides some pretty white swirls in the smoothie.
Using frozen bananas is a great way to make a smoothie creamy without using yogurt. I personally prefer to make my smoothies without yogurt, so I used frozen bananas frequently.
To freeze bananas take very ripe, or even over ripe bananas and peel them. You can freeze the bananas either whole or sliced.
I like to freeze them flat on a metal baking sheet and then once they are frozen put them in a freezer bag. Then when it is time to use them you can just take some out of the bag and throw them in a blender.
Making the Smoothie
To make the smoothie simply place the orange juice, frozen bananas, cantaloupe and vanilla in a blender and blend it until well mixed. It should end up a pale orange color.
You can add the coconut cream with the other ingredients and blend it in. I prefer to add it after and stir it in with a spoon.
Stirring it in after makes swirls of white in the smoothie and against the sides of the glass. But doing it this way is just for the fun creamsicle look, so you can skip it if you like!
This smoothie is packed with healthy flavor! The smoothie is rich in vitamin A, fiber and potassium. And of course between the orange juice and the cantaloupe it is very high in vitamin C.
This smoothie makes a great snack or breakfast that tastes delicious and lets you indulge without guilt.
How to Serve
Serve the creamsicle smoothie garnished with fresh oranges. You can either have the entire recipe as one large smoothie or split it between two glasses if it just a snack.
Find more Smoothie Ideas
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon coconut cream
- Combine the orange juice, cantaloupe, banana and vanilla in a blender and mix well.
- Pour into a glass.
- Stir the coconut cream into the smoothie if desired, swirling it through the liquid and up against the glass to make swirls of color.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are estimates.