This Caramel Honeycomb Snack Mix is a tasty snack with the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Kids and adults will both love this sweet treat. It is kind of like caramel Chex mix, only with Honeycomb cereal!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why You Will Love Caramel Honeycomb Snack Mix
- This is a fun snack mix for parties!
- It is just different enough from Chex Mix to be unique and creative, but not different that it won’t be wildly popular.
- Popcorn and caramel are always a hit.
- This party mix makes a great gift to give when you want to make something homemade for the holidays.
Honeycomb cereal is the key ingredient, and it has been a family favorite for years. In fact Post Honeycomb cereal is over 50 years old, and it is good both in the bowl for breakfast or used in a recipe.
I combined the Honeycomb cereal with:
Step by Step Instructions
1. Mix the Ingredients
Combine the Honeycomb cereal with some broken pretzels, popcorn and cashews. Stir everything together in a big bowl.
2. Make Caramel Sauce
To make the caramel sauce combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil and boil, while stirring, it for 5 minutes.
Take the sugary syrup off the heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla. Stir until everything is smooth.
3. Coat the Snack Mix
Pour the caramel over the ingredients in the bowl. Stir to mix and coat everything with caramel.
Take a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread the mixture out on the baking sheet.
Bake the snack mix for about an hour, stirring every 20 minutes to make sure the caramel coats everything evenly.
How to Serve
Let the mixture cool and put it into decorative bags if giving as a gift, or in a big snack bowl for sharing.
How to Store
The caramel honeycomb snack mix keeps at room temperature for about 5 days.
Find More Snacks for Gift Giving
- 3. cup Honeycomb Cereal
- 2 cup broken pretzels
- 2 cup popcorn
- 1 cup cashews
- 6 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the Honeycomb cereal, pretzels, popcorn and cashews in a bowl and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to make clean up easier.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar,corn syrup, water and salt in a sauce pan.
- Heat the mixture slowly until the butter has completely melted. Then raise the temperature to medium high and bring the mixture to a simmer,
- Continue to stir for 4-5 minutes while the mixture simmers.
- Remove the pan from the burner and quickly stir in the baking soda and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the caramel over the snack mixture in the bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto the rimmed baking pan and bake for about an hour, stirring three times during the hour.
- Let it cool and put into decorative bags or a party bowl.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are estimates.