I received product and compensation for this post. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
This Caramel Honeycomb Snack Mix is a tasty snack that kids and adults will both love.
Honeycomb cereal has been a family favorite for years, so I was excited to have the chance to make a recipes using it. In fact Post Honeycomb cereal is turning 50 this year, and it is good both in the bowl for breakfast or used in a recipe.
I decided to use the cereal as part of a fun snack mix. I combined he Honeycombs with some broken pretzels, popcorn and cashews, and then poured Caramel sauce over the top.
The resulting snack mix was a nice combination of sweet and crunchy, and it was very addictive! I ate too much snack mix, but then luckily my kids found it and helped me by finishing it off.
- 3. cup Honeycomb Cereal
- 2 cup broken pretzels
- 2 cup popcorn
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup Caramel Sauce, recipe below
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring the sauce to a rolling boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine the Honeycomb cereal, pretzels, popcorn and cashews in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour in the Caramel Sauce and stir to mix.
- You can refrigerate the mixture if you want the caramel to harden.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 341mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Protein: 4g
You can find all kinds of recipes for snacking or baking using Honeycombs at the Post Foods website, so check it out and let me know what you’d make with Honeycombs!