You can make crispy cheeseburger egg rolls in just 30 minutes in the air fryer! These delicious snacks have all the flavor of a cheeseburger in the form of an egg roll. I’ve even included a simple recipe for a creamy dill pickle dipping sauce.
I love to make tasty egg rolls in my air fryer. Sometimes they are classic flavors, like sweet and sour chicken, and sometimes they are a mash-up of different cultures, like these cheeseburger egg rolls!
Combine American cheeseburgers with Chinese egg rolls, and you end up with this delicious snack. The entire family will love this finger food, with its crispy texture, flavorful ground beef, and secret sauce made from ketchup and pickles.
This crispy egg roll recipe is sure to be a hit at your next football party or gathering! I include directions for baking these in the oven, but the air fryer is my favorite way to cook these and avoid the hassle and mess of deep frying.
Love egg rolls? Check out my recipes for Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls and homemade air fryer egg rolls.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
Ground beef – Use a lean ground beef like 90/10 to keep these from being too greasy.
Egg Roll wrapper: At most grocery stores, you can find packaged egg roll wrappers in the produce section near the Asian vegetables. You can also buy frozen ones if your store doesn’t have fresh ones. Just remember to put them in the refrigerator, so they are defrosted.
Cheese – American cheese is the classic cheeseburger topping! But if you prefer different kinds of cheese, you can use shredded cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack, Gouda, or your favorite cheese,
Bacon – Bacon isn’t a necessity, but I think a bacon cheeseburger egg roll is superior to one without bacon! I like to make my bacon in the air fryer and have it nice, crispy, and ready to go.
The rest of the ingredients are spices and pantry staples for flavoring these appetizers, including onion, paprika, salt, ground black pepper, parsley, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
How to Make Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
1. Make the Filling
The first step is to brown the ground beef for the filling. Cook the meat in a frying pan over medium heat until it is no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes.
Drain off most of the grease from the cooked ground beef. Add the onions and cook them for another 3 minutes. Then stir the paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
2. Roll Them Up
Get everything for rolling these together before you start. Put the egg roll wrappers on a cutting board and put a bowl of cold water next to it.
Then lay one egg roll wrapper flat on the cutting board. Put 1/4 cup of the meat mixture in the top corner of the wrapper.
Add some bacon and top it off with a quarter slice of cheese.
Fold the left and right corners into the center of the wrapper and roll it up, keeping it tight as you roll.
Use your fingers to wet the bottom corner of the wrapper with a bit of water to help it seal.
Set it aside and rollup all the remaining ones. This recipe will make 8-9 appetizers.
3. Air Fry
You can find directions for baking these in an oven in the recipe card below.
Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 370 degrees F. While it preheats, spray the egg rolls with vegetable oil or olive oil.
Don’t use commercial cooking spray because it contains preservatives that can damage the air fryer basket. Buy an inexpensive spray bottle and fill it with oil.
Put the egg rolls in the air fryer basket, keeping them in a separate layer. If you don’t have enough room for all of them, cook them in batches.
Cook for 5 minutes at 370 degrees F. Then pull the basket out and flip them over. Spray them with a little more oil if the wrappers still look floury.
Air fry them for another 5 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
Pickle Fry Sauce
I have included a pickle fry sauce recipe for a creamy burger dipping sauce. This simple sauce is made from ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickles. You can quickly stir it together while the egg rolls are cooking.
It is perfect for dipping finger food and gives them some extra flavors that go perfectly with cheeseburgers.
The filling in these will be scalding, so let them rest for 5-10 minutes before eating them. Serve them with the pickle fry sauce or use ketchup, Thousand Island dressing, or mustard for dipping.
I like to serve these not just as a party appetizer but as a dinner too. These cheeseburger egg rolls are hearty enough to make an excellent main dish.
You can stick with the cheeseburger theme and serve them with fries, coleslaw, and kosher pickle spears. Or go for an Asian-inspired dinner and serve them with rice and snap peas.
How to Store
If you have leftover egg rolls, cook them, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
You can also freeze these to reheat at a later date. Let them cool to room temperature, and then pack them in freezer bags or another airtight container and freeze.
How to Reheat
You can reheat leftover egg rolls either from frozen or after thawing them overnight in the refrigerator.
- If they are frozen, reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or a 375 F oven for 20 minutes.
- If they are thawed, reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes or a 375 F oven for 15 minutes.
Either way, when you reheat them, check the internal temperature with a thermometer and make sure they reach 145 F for food safety reasons.
These will not be as crispy after reheating.
Key Tips for Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
Drain the grease from the ground beef for best results.
Don’t worry if your egg rolls aren’t perfectly shaped, no one will care.
Don’t use commercial spray oil on these or you could damage the air fryer basket.
The filling will be hot after cooking, so let these cool briefly before serving.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 slices of bacon cooked and diced
- 3 slices of American cheese
- 9 egg roll wrapper
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pickles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a frying pan over medium heat, brown the beef until it is no longer pink. Then drain as much grease as you can from the frying pan. Add the onions and fry them for another 2-3 minutes. Then stir in the paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar to make the cheeseburger egg roll filling.1 pound ground beef, 1/2 yellow onion, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Put a small bowl with water next to a cutting board. Lay the egg roll wrapper on the board.9 egg roll wrapper
- Place 1/4 cup of the cheeseburger mixture in the top corner of the wrapper.
- Top it with some bacon and a quarter slice of cheese.3-4 slices of bacon, 3 slices of American cheese
- Fold the top down over the meat and fold the outer corners into the center.
- Roll up the wrapper, keeping it tight to hold the filling in.
- When you get to the bottom, dip a finger in the bowl of water and wet the exposed corner to seal it down.
- Set the prepared egg rolls aside and preheat the air fryer at 370 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- While it preheats, spray the egg rolls lightly with oil.
- Put them in the basket in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 370 degrees F. Then pull the basket out and flip them over. If they look floury, spray them with a little more oil. Then cook for another 5 minutes at 370 F.
- During the cooking time, mix the sauce ingredients.1/4 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon diced pickles, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before you eat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
2 thoughts on “Crispy Cheeseburger Egg Rolls”
Hi I just subscribed! I just got an airfryer and I was looking for recipes and what attracted me to this particular site was the reference to being upstate. I am in upstate NY as well so we’re practically neighbors. I think Syracuse is about 90 mins west of me. I’m looking forward to trying my new airfryer with your recipes thank you very much!