This tasty chicken bacon ranch pizza makes a delicious quick and easy family dinner! It is easy to make using leftover chicken and store bought pizza dough. Skip takeout and make homemade pizza tonight!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Takeout pizza places are everywhere. I live in a small rural town with 6 restaurants and 3 of them are pizza places!
Because of the prevalence of pizza places too often families just automatically order takeout pizza without realizing how quick, easy and cost effective it is to make your own pizza.
Plus pizza is fun to make, and kids enjoy stretching out the dough and putting their own toppings on pizza. Having your own pizza night at home can be a fun family togetherness activity!
Homemade pizza is quick and easy, but always serving cheese pizza is boring, so I like to change it up with some different toppings. This chicken bacon ranch pizza is one of my kids’ favorite non-boring pizzas.
My son had this at Scout camp and came home raving about how it was the best pizza ever. So naturally I had to try to make it, and prove I can make pizza as well as a camp cook!
- Pizza dough – I usually buy premade pizza dough at the grocery store. But you can certainly make your own if you like to make bread.
- Ranch dressing – The ranch dressing forms the pizza sauce for this pizza. I just use whatever ranch salad dressing I have in the refrigerator.
- Chicken – Use leftover chicken if you have it.
- Chopped tomatoes – Tomatoes add fresh flavor and a nice pop of color to the finished pizza.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green onions
Step by Step Instructions
1. Cook the Bacon and Chicken
I usually make this recipe with leftover chicken. Leftover smoked chicken, Instant Pot shredded chicken or any other chicken that you have will work well in this recipe.
I prefer to use dark meat if I have a choice, because it will be a little bit more moist after cooking. But on the other hand once you smother it in cheese it probably doesn’t matter how moist the chicken is.
Similarly if I am planning to make pizza I generally just set aside a few cooked pieces of bacon. But if you don’t have already cooked bacon and chicken you have to cook them before putting them on the pizza.
If you put the bacon on the pizza without it being thoroughly cooked it will continue to cook and make the pizza pretty greasy. My family and I hate greasy pizza!
So cook the bacon until it is crispy however you prefer to cook bacon. You can make air fryer bacon or just fry it in a pan for 10 minutes.
Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. Then heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook it for about 6 minutes.
2. Assemble the Pizza
Take your pizza dough and make it into a circle, filling your pizza pan. Spread the ranch dressing around the dough, up to the edges.
Top the pizza with the cooked chicken and diced tomatoes. Then sprinkle the cheese all over the pizza.
Put the green onions, parsley and bacon on top of the cheese. The bacon will be crispiest after baking if it is the final layer.
3. Bake the Pizza
Bake the chicken bacon ranch pizza for 15 minutes in a preheated 450 F oven. Or follow whatever the instructions are for your pizza dough.
How to Serve
Let the pizza cool for about 5 minutes after cooking before serving. Then use a pizza cutter to slice it into pieces and enjoy! I don’t usually serve an side dishes with pizza.
The gooey melted cheese contrasts nicely with the crispy bacon for a delicious flavor combination. Delicious, quick and fun to make this chicken bacon ranch pizza is a perfect family dinner.
Find more Chicken Recipes
- 2 cups chicken, cooked or uncooked
- 4 slices bacon, cooked or uncooked
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- If you are using already cooked bacon or cihcken skip to step #5.
- If your chicken is uncooked dice it and heat a frying pan. Cook the chicken for about 6 minutes, using spray oil to coat the pan.
- If your bacon is uncooked cook it in a frying pan or air fryer until it is crispy, about 10 minutes. Then break the bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Stretch the pizza dough out into a circle that fills your pizza pan.
- Spread the ranch dressing around the dough up to the edges.
- Top with cooked chicken and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the pizza.
- Add the green onions, parsley and bacon.
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes, or follow the directions given for your pizza dough.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 799Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1342mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 41g
Nutrition facts are estimates.