Fast and easy meals are a necessity for my family! There are many nights I only have half an hour to get dinner on the table before rushing off to Scout meetings or sports. This recipe for Chili-Lime Shrimp over Rice, made with the reformulated I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, is perfect for those busy nights.
The original recipe was for Chili-Lime Shrimp Over Quinoa, but my husband won’t eat quinoa, so I changed the recipe to use rice instead. The meal is ready in about 30 minutes, and I made a quick salad while the rice cooked for a complete quick and easy meal. I usually just serve rice plain, but adding the I Can’t Believe Its Not Butter Spread! to the rice along with some cilantro was a big hit with my family. It adds a delicate flavor to the rice, and makes it taste much richer.
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is made from real, simple ingredients and comes in Original, Light and Olive Oil varieties. It is made with plant-based oils and has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter. It contains 0g of trans fat per serving and no partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. It offers a fresh butter taste to add flavor to any meal, and can be used for spreading, topping, sautÃ©ing, cooking or baking. I had never sautÃ©d with the spread before, and it worked nicely, and gave the shrimp a nice buttery flavor with fewer calories than butter. You can find lots more recipes on the website.
And of course it is also perfect for spreading on breads and muffins, and it is spreadable right out of the refrigerator, so there is no need to wait for it to soften. After you try the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! make sure and leave a product review on the website.
- 1 cup rice
- 3 Tbsp. butter or oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined uncooked extra large shrimp, (about 16 to 20)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons lime juice and chili powder and cook until bubbly.
- Stir in shrimp and cook, turning once, until pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon of the cilantro.
- Stir remaining 1 tablespoon Spread, 2 tablespoons cilantro and 2 tablespoons lime juice into hot cooked rice.
- Arrange rice on a platter. Top with shrimp; drizzle any sauce remaining in skillet over shrimp.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 309mgSodium: 972mgCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 26g
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.