With this easy fudge recipe you can make delicious chocolate almond fudge in no time at all! This foolproof recipe has only four ingredients and is perfect for either a holiday treat or as a quick and easy homemade food gift for Christmas.
This chocolate almond fudge reminds me of a Hershey’s bar with almonds! The creamy chocolate fudge is a classic no bake dessert.
In addition to being delicious this easy fudge recipe is all about convenience. It is an excellent way to get creamy fudgy goodness without spending much time or effort.
This easy fudge recipe uses chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to shortcut the candy making process. So there is no need for a candy thermometer or other equipment.
Love to make holiday candy? Check out recipes for Peppermint Patties, White Chocolate Fudge, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls!
Why You Will Love this Easy Fudge Recipe
- This recipe is easy to make and takes only a few minutes. It is the best fudge to make when you don’t have much time.
- The homemade fudge is made with ingredients you can keep in your pantry, so you can make fudge anytime you want a sweet treat.
- This easy chocolate fudge is dense, rich, creamy and full of chocolate flavor.
- Fudge makes an excellent food gift that everyone loves.
- Sweetened condensed milk – This is canned milk that has been sweetened and has the water removed. Sweetened condensed milk is used in a lot of quick and easy desserts, so I always keep a can or two on hand in the pantry, because you never know when you will want to make an easy dessert fast!
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – Switching up the type of chocolate chips is an easy way to modify your recipe to suit your family.
- Almonds – I love Hershey’s with Almonds, so it is no surprise that I decided to use almonds in this recipe! To make it even easier to make you can buy slivered almonds, so you don’t even have to chop the nuts.
- Almond extract – The almond extract enhances the flavor of the homemade fudge. If you don’t have almond extract you can substitute vanilla extract.
Step by Step Instructions
Preparing a pan to hold the chocolate almond fudge is the first step. This recipe is made in an 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 9 inch square pan.
If you have a silicone pan this size use that, because the fudge will come out easily with no preparation. I love the square Trudeau pan I used here because it has some steel in it so it doesn’t flop around like many silicone pans do!
If you don’t have a silicone pan line the square pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Then you will be able to lift the fudge out after it has cooled.
Also if you aren’t using slivered almonds then chop your nuts now, before you start making the fudge. Once the chocolate is melted you will want to mix the fudge right away.
2. Melt the Chocolate
Put the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir the ingredients constantly until they melt and combine.
3. Stir in Additions
Once the chocolate has melted take it off the heat. Stir in the almond extract. Then add in the slivered almonds and mix them in.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to scrape all the fudge out of the saucepan and spread the fudge evenly in the pan. It will be thick!
4. Let Cool
Put the chocolate almond fudge in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until it is set. Then carefully remove it from the square dish and cut it into bite size squares.
Don’t try to speed the cooling process up by putting the fudge in the freezer! You can freeze fudge, but only after it has set.
How to Store
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to a week. If you have more than one layer of fudge in your container use parchment paper to separate the layers.
Whether or not to refrigerate fudge is mostly a matter of taste. It will be softer if it is stored at room temperature. It will be firmer and colder if it is refrigerated.
Fudge looks most elegant when it is cut into nice even squares, especially if you are giving it as a gift.
One trick to cutting the fudge evenly is to dip the knife in hot water and then dry it. This makes it warm, which will help it cut evenly.
Another trick is to use dental floss instead of a knife to cut it. I haven’t had as much success with this method, but some people swear it works!
Packaging Homemade Fudge for Gift Giving
Fudge makes an excellent Christmas gift because it isn’t fragile and keeps at room temperature. The easiest way to package it is to wrap it in plastic wrap or waxed paper and then place it in a gift box or gift tin.
Topping the chocolate almond fudge
If you really love almonds you can also sprinkle slivered almonds on top of the fudge before it hardens. Alternatively you can gently press whole almonds into the top of the fudge.
You can also sprinkle the top with toasted coconut flakes for a Mounds bar type flavor. Or use crushed peppermint to add more holiday flavor.
Other flavors of easy fudge
I made this fudge with semi sweet chocolate fudge and almonds. But this recipe is very easy to adapt by using your favorite chocolate chips and different nuts.
Almost any kind of chocolate chips can be used instead of semi sweet. Dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips also make delicious fudge.
And you can substitute a different kind of nuts in place of the almonds. Walnuts are especially good with chocolate, and pistachios would be a fun Christmas twist.
If you make this same recipe with milk chocolate chips and walnuts it will taste like a completely different fudge, but it will still be delicious! The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Using a Microwave
You can use a microwave to melt the semi sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk if you prefer. To do this heat the mixture for thirty seconds at a time, stirring vigorously after each 30 seconds.
Stop heating once the chocolate is almost melted and stir the mixture until it is completely melted. Then continue with the recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fudge can be frozen if it is tightly wrapped and stored in an airtight container. It should last for 2-3 months in the freezer. To thaw it leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
Evaporated milk is not the same as sweetened condensed milk and will not work in this recipe! The two are both sold in cans and tend to be next to each other on grocery store shelves, but they are not interchangeable.
Find More Edible Gift Ideas
Chocolate Almond Fudge
With this easy fudge recipe you can make delicious chocolate almond fudge in no time at all!
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Prepare a 9 x 9 inch or 8 x 8 inch square dish. Use a silicone dish or line the dish with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Heat the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the ingredients continuously until they melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the extract. Then add the slivered almonds and mix well.
- Pour/scoop the fudge into the prepared dish.
- Place the fudge into the refrigerator to harden for 2-3 hours until set. Do not try to speed the process up by putting it in the freezer, it won't set if you freeze it.
- Remove the fudge from the dish and carefully cut into small bite sized squares.
Store remaining fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are estimates.
3 thoughts on “Chocolate Almond Fudge – Easy 4 ingredient recipe”
The overall graphics of war thunder review https://insider.games/game/war-thunder-review/ are fairly nice as well. The sound effects are realistic and pleasing. The one thing that really bugged me about the game was that after winning a level, you could not return to it and start again until you save the game. When I fought my way to the top of a mountain and was unable to get back because I got caught up in the cloud of smoke that was filling up the whole screen, I got frustrated and quit the game. There is just so much for me to say about this amazing game! It will make even the most avid video gamer envious of the controls, the graphics, and the fun!
very good artical