Pumpkin Roll filled with cream cheese is a traditional holiday recipe, and it is even better when you add chocolate chips to make it more decadent!
Pumpkin and cream cheese combine in this cake to make a delicious combination of flavors. Cake rolls can seem intimidating, but they really are not hard to make, and if the roll cracks a little it doesn’t matter, because they still look and taste amazing! I stirred mini chocolate chips into the cake batter before I cooked it, so that the chocolate and pumpkin flavors melded together.
Ingredients for Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- To make the cake combine the eggs and sugar and beat until light and creamy. Then mix in the pumpkin.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until batter is just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cake springs back when you touch it.
- Cool it in the pan for 15 minutes. Then dump the cake onto a tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Peel off the waxed paper and let the cake rest for 5 minutes. Then gently roll it up in the tea towel and let it cool for a few hours.
- To make the filling combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese and butter and beat until smooth.
- Gently unroll the cake and spread it with the filling. Then reroll and refrigerate. It will cut better if you refrigerate it for a few hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chocolate chips and cut into slices to serve.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 5g