Pumpkin Roll filled with cream cheese is a traditional holiday recipe, and it is even better when you add chocolate chips to make it more decadent!
Pumpkin and cream cheese combine in this cake to make a delicious combination of flavors. Cake rolls can seem intimidating, but they really are not hard to make, and if the roll cracks a little it doesn’t matter, because they still look and taste amazing! I stirred mini chocolate chips into the cake batter before I cooked it, so that the chocolate and pumpkin flavors melded together.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Ingredients for Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- To make the cake combine the eggs and sugar and beat until light and creamy. Then mix in the pumpkin.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until batter is just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cake springs back when you touch it.
- Cool it in the pan for 15 minutes. Then dump the cake onto a tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Peel off the waxed paper and let the cake rest for 5 minutes. Then gently roll it up in the tea towel and let it cool for a few hours.
- To make the filling combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese and butter and beat until smooth.
- Gently unroll the cake and spread it with the filling. Then reroll and refrigerate. It will cut better if you refrigerate it for a few hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chocolate chips and cut into slices to serve.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 5g
13 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll”
Oh my I’m drooling! I love Pacific they are a staple in our house. Must make this recipe soon.
Yum, yum, yum! I have never tried making a cake roll like this. This would be a perfect one to start with!
I also love tetra Pax boxes. We buy a lot of items in them – including Pacific products.
I am a huge fan of Pacific stocks & purees; I am elated that I can finally get them in my local stores.
Good Morning Anne, I am popping over to visit you from Say G’Day as I was intrigued by your chocolate chip pumpkin roll. We call this type of cake a Swiss Roll here in England and I was interested to see how you used pumpkin in this recipe as I have used pumpkins in savoury cooking but never in cakes.
I am looking forward to trying your recipe as Swiss Roll was something that both my Grandmother Ivy and my Mother, Phyllis used to make…. so as you can imagine I love Swiss Roll.
It is lovely to meet you. Have a wonderful weekend.
I’m in the “swiss-roll madness” lately and this is a beautiful and most delicious looking roll 🙂
this looks deelish!
I’m terrified of cake rolls but I may just have to give this one a try!!
I’ve never made a cake roll before, but this one’s got pumpkin in it so I’m game. Pinning!
p.s. stopping by from Twirl and Take a Bow
Your pumpkin roll looks wonderful! I can’t wait to make one this fall, it’s one of my all-time favorite fall treats! Love the addition of the chocolate chips, I’ve never done that before! Looks delicious! Happy fall to you! 🙂
What a great take on a pumpkin roll! My kids will love this!
Your Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll looks awesome! This is a fantastic recipe and thanks so much for sharing it with us. Hope to see you again real soon at Full Plate Thursday!
I’ve never made a pumpkin roll before, but I’ve always wanted to. This is the first one I’ve seen with chocolate chips. What a great addition! Thanks so much for the recipe. Pinning it now!