Today is National Mocha Day! Â Here is recipe for an easy Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake, perfect for celebrating the day.
Mug cakes are a delicious dessert, and so easy to make! Â This cake comes together in only a few minutes, so it is perfect when you want a quick dessert just for yourself, because you need a quick coffee and chocolate fix.
And a Mocha Mug Cake makes sense, since after all it is made in a coffee cup! Mug cakes can be a little tricky, since it is easy to over cook them. I found that this cake cooks in just 1 1/2 minutes in my microwave, and any more than that and it dries out. Â The difference between perfect and overcooked is short, so make sure you check the cake after 1 1/2 minutes and only cook it more if it still looks wet on top.
To make the Mocha flavor I mixed coffee into the batter. A strong, bold coffee will give you the most intense flavor. I also added in a few chocolate chips to the batter to add in extra bits of chocolate throughout the batter.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5/8 cup coffee
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- Put the butter in the coffee mug and melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and stir to mix well.
- Pour in the coffee and mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for about 1:30 seconds, until top looks cooked.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g
For more delicious mocha recipes visit a few of my favorite bloggers.
- Chocolate Mocha Protein Shake by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Mocha by Home and Garden Cafe
- Tips to Save Calories and Craft Awesome Mochas at Home by Day by Day in Our World
- Absolutely Incredible Real Pumpkin Mocha Latte Recipe by Pretty Opinionated
- Salted Caramel Mocha Truffles by Jennifer Sikora