A promotional item was provided to me by Sweetworks. This post contains affiliate links.
The trifle has layers of rich chocolate brownies and pumpkin flavored pudding topped off with whipped cream, all decorated with Sweetworks Halloween Mix candy. It is a perfect for Halloween fun. Using a boxed brownie mix makes the entire dessert ready in no time at all!
I enjoy making trifles because they are so quick and easy to put together. I made a pumpkin pudding by simply using vanilla pudding and mixing in some canned pumpkin. Then I layered the pudding and brownies, and topped it off with whipped cream and candy. It is a rich dessert, but perfect for a special occasion!
- 1 box box Brownie mix, 13 x 9 inch size
- 1 box Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1½ cup milk
- 8 oz canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Teaspoon white sugar
- Halloween Mix Sixlets
- Halloween Mix Pearls
- Halloween Mix Gumballs
- Make Brownie mix as directed on the box and let cool.
- Mix 1½ c. milk with the vanilla pudding and whisk.
- Stir in the canned pumpkin and brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Whip the cream in a mixing bowl and gradually add in the white sugar.
- Fill a trifle dish with a layer of brownies, followed by a layer of pudding. Add Halloween Mix Sixlets around the edges to decorate.
- Add a second layer of brownies, topped with pudding and more Sixlets.
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the trifle, and decorate with Halloween Mix Pearls and Gumballs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g