Del Monte has recently released two new varieties of diced tomatoes, perfect for making some fun and spicy recipes.Â The new varieties are Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies.Â When they sent me some to try out I didnâ€™t have to think too long about what to make, obviously these varieties are perfect for chili!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T Worcester sauce
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 can tomatoes with chipotle chilies
- Brown the beef and drain off any extra fat.
- Then add the garlic, onion and green pepper and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the cocoa powder, chili powder, Worchester sauce and cinnamon and stir to mix.
- Mix in the tomatoes, cover and cook on low for at at least 30 minutes.Â Longer is fine too though, I usually let it cook for an hour if I have time.Â You could add water, but I like my chili thick, so I donâ€™t.
- Serve over pasta with lots of cheddar cheese.
- The chili was delicious, and it was just a little spicy without being overwhelming.Â I like the idea of including the chilies in with the tomatoes because cutting up spicy chilies is a pain, since you have to be so careful not to transfer the pepper juice to your hands or eyes.Â The canned vegetables from Del Monte are picked at the peak of ripeness, and have the same nutrients as fresh varieties, so I can have the added convenience of having Del Monte do the chopping without worrying about the quality.
- To celebrate these new varieties Del Monte is sponsoring the Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes on Pinterest.Â This sweepstakes will give you the chance to share recipes and entertaining tips while being entered to win prizes, including the grand prize of a home entertainment package valued at $4779.00.Â Here is how to enter:
- Follow the Del Monte Brand on Pinterest
- Create a Pinterest board named â€œDel Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Offâ€
- Pin at least two (2) Del Monte Tomato Recipes from the â€œDel Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Offâ€ Pinterest board and at least two tips or ideas for entertaining your friends and family.
- Visit the official Sweepstakes website and register the link to your Pinterest board between January 21st andÂ February 15th to be entered to win.
I created a Pinterest board to enter, and you can see it here if you are looking for inspiration for your own board!Â In addition Del Monte wants to provide a prize package to one of my readers, which will include:
- 1 can of Del MonteÂ® Petite CutÂ® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 can of Del MonteÂ® Petite CutÂ® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
- $25 Visa gift card
Enter in the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte.Â All opinions are my own.