I love Greek yogurt.Â It is so thick and creamy, and it tastes delicious.Â The fact that it has more protein than standard yogurt is an added bonus too. So when the American Dairy Association Dairy Council (ADADC) asked if I would like to review a Cooking with Greek Yogurt gift bag I was happy to do so.
Even though I eat Greek yogurt all the time I hadnâ€™t thought to use it in cooking before.Â But it can be an excellent substitute for a variety of ingredients, including butter, sour cream, cream cheese or buttermilk.Â I decided to use the yogurt to make some basic blueberry muffins, and they were delicious.Â They had a nice moist texture and my family gobbled them up in no time.Â My husband noticed the difference right away and asked what I had done differently, to make the muffins better than usual!
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 3 T milk
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the butter and sugar together and add the eggs.Â Then mix in the yogurt, milk and almond extract.
- Combine the flour with the baking soda and salt.Â Add to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way through and bake for 25-30 minutes.
To encourage you to try cooking with Greek yogurt the ADADC is offering one of my readers their own Cooking with Yogurt Gift Bag. It includes:
- Silicone Solutions 6-pc. Baking Set â€“ loaf pans, muffin tins, and spatulas
- I love Greek yogurt apron
- I love Greek yogurt cooler tote
- Manufacturer coupons for FREE Greek yogurt
I love the pink silicone baking pans, they are just too cute!Â The ADAC is now on Facebook and Twitter, and their pages will offer the latest news, recipes and dairy trends.Â So follow them on their social media pages and enter to win the gift bag below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Rules: Giveaway open to US only, ages 18 and older.Â Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email and claim prize.
Disclosure: I received a gift bag to review, all opinions are my own.