If you read my post about our fun crabbing last week it makes sense I’d post our crab cake recipe. I was born and raised in Maryland, so my favorite crab cakes are Maryland lump crab cakes with very few added ingredients. One thing we did discover last week was that if you are picking crab late at night you tend to get over tired and are more likely to end up with shell in the crab meat! So next time I make crab cakes I’ll double check the crab meat for stray shells. These crab cakes tasted great, they are definitely much better with fresh crab meat.
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon mayonaise
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients except the crab and mix well. Fold in the crab meat.
- Form into 10-12 round crab cakes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes. It isn't necessary to turn them over and if you try they will probably fall apart.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1099mgCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 23g