I love quick and easy ways to make dessert for my family to enjoy. One of the best ways to do this is to take a pre-made product and add a little twist to it to make it special, like I did for this Cranberry Cinnamon Roll Cake.
This recipe uses Immaculate Organic Cinnamon Rolls combined with a few simple ingredients to make a delicious holiday cake!
To make this cake I melted butter and sugar in a saucepan and added cranberries to make a caramelized topping for the cake.
The topping is almost like cranberry sauce, and is a delicious combination of sweet and tart.
The cake is an upside down cake, so the topping goes in the cake pan, and then the cinnamon rolls go on top.
I cut the cinnamon rolls up into small pieces and spread them out so they cover the topping.
After baking I flip the cake upside down on a plate, which allows the cranberry topping to soak into the cake and run down in between the cinnamon roll pieces.
The cake was delicious! The Immaculate Organic Cinnamon Rolls come with vanilla icing, but I didn’t think the cake needed any extra sugar, so I saved it to use later.
Cranberry Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 10 oz cranberries
- 1 tube Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan and heat until both melt.
- Add half the cranberries and continue heating, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Spray an 8 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- After 10 minutes add the remaining cranberries, and pour the entire mixture into the cake pan.
- Open the cinnamon rolls and cut them into small pieces.
- Spread the cinnamon roll pieces in the cake pan, covering the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cinnamon rolls are browned on top.
- Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Flip the cake onto a platter so that the cranberries are on top.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g
Visit Immaculate Baking online for product descriptions and recipe ideas! Also, make sure to download and print a coupon for $1 off any Immaculate Baking product.
2 thoughts on “Cranberry Cinnamon Roll Cake”
This looks scrumptious! Can’t wait to try this!
Mmm, that is delicious! 🙂 I will have to try this, bookmarking! Thanks so much.