Tender beef chunks and buttery egg noodles come together in a savory broth to create this simple crock pot beef and noodles dish. This recipe has under 10 minutes of prep time and is a tasty, comforting dinner perfect for busy weeknights that the whole family will surely enjoy!
Slow cooker meals are great for a simple, easy-to-prepare, yet incredibly flavorful dinner! With this crock pot beef and noodles recipe, you can quickly throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker and walk away.
In a few hours, you’ll have a tender, juicy, and hearty dish ready to be served up and slurped down for a cozy meal! Make and serve this dish as-is, or experiment by adding different spices or veggies.
Every bite of this creamy, rich dish bursts with the springy texture of egg noodles and tender beef. Top it off with freshly grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for extra color and flavor!
This crock pot beef and noodles dish will become one of your favorite comfort meals. Learn how to make this set-it-and-forget-it meal, get serving suggestions, get expert tips and tricks, and check out my suggestions for what to do with leftovers.
Looking for more easy slow cooker comfort food recipes? Try Olive Garden Chicken Pasta, Slow Cooker Cincinnati Chili or Slow Cooker Country Style Ribs.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- Beef Stew Meat—Or a roast, cubed.
- Egg Noodles—I love the shape of extra-wide egg noodles. But really, any dried egg noodle will work.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup—Canned and undiluted. Adds a smooth richness to your gravy sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce—Just a splash will enhance the natural beefy flavors in this dish.
- Beef Broth—Unsalted broth works best.
- Spices—A savory blend of basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
🥣How to Make Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
- Cut your beef into pieces and add it to your crockpot.
- Add the salt, basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to a small bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle your seasonings over the meat and stir until well-coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine your cream of mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over the meat and stir. Pour your beef broth over the seasoned meat and mix again.
- Cover the beef and cook on low for 7-8 hours until juicy and tender.
- Half an hour before you are ready to eat cook the egg noodles. Stir them into the beef mixture in the slow cooker.
Because this crock pot beef and noodles is rich and hearty, I usually serve it with lighter sides. Try pairing your beef with a crisp, refreshing salad, roasted asparagus, or fresh fruit. A few slices of garlic bread make an excellent addition.
💭How to Store
Your leftovers can be stored in the fridge or freezer. Allow the crock pot beef and noodles to cool to room temperature before transferring them to an airtight container.
You can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months or put it in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you are ready to eat these tasty leftovers, reheat it on the stovetop, in the oven, or in the microwave.
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Use a Crock Pot liner for easy cleanup.
- Want to add some extra nutrition to this beef noodle casserole? Try tossing 1-2 cups of vegetables into the slow cooker with the beef! My favorite additions are peas, yellow onions, green beans, carrots, mushrooms, or celery.
- Stir in a cup of sour cream to give it a beef stroganoff flavor for a classic family meal.
- If the sauce seems too thick add another half cup of broth and stir in the crock pot.
Because noodles tend to get mushy when cooked in the slow cooker, I recommend cooking them separately! About 30 minutes before your beef is ready to serve, cook the egg noodles on the stovetop according to package directions. Avoid letting the noodles sit in the gravy for too long before serving.
It is unnecessary, but if you have time, go for it! Browning your beef before adding it to the crockpot will add a depth of flavor to the meat you can taste.
The best way to get tender beef is to cook the meat on low heat for extended periods. This slow braise will create deliciously soft and juicy chunks of meat.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Crockpot Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or beef chuck roast cut into chunks
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10.5 ounces
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 32 ounces beef broth unsalted
- 16 ounces egg noodles 1 package
- Cut meat into chunks. Add the beef to the Crock Pot.2 pounds beef stew meat or beef chuck roast
- Mix salt, basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper together. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the meat and stir to mix.1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the sauce over the meat.1 can cream of mushroom soup, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Pour beef broth over the meat mixture and stir to combine.32 ounces beef broth
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours or until beef is tender.
- About 30 minutes before the beef is done cooking, cook noodles according to package directions.16 ounces egg noodles
- Drain the noodles and stir into the beef mixture in the slow cooker.
- Add a cup of peas or carrots to the crock pot for extra nutrition.
- Use a crock pot liner for easy cleanup.
- If the sauce seems too thick for your liking, add another half cup of broth and stir in the crock pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.