This year give yourself more time with your family and less time in the kitchen by making this delicious Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole for your holiday meal! Green bean casserole is a Thanksgiving favorite everyone loves, and it is effortless when you make it in the slow cooker!
Keep your oven free from more important dishes, like turkey or pie, and create this classic comfort food side dish in the crock pot. All you have to do is throw in the ingredients and let the crock pot work its magic.
This crock pot green bean casserole is delicious, easy, and hands-off. And you don’t have to worry about getting the timing of your meal perfectly because the crock pot will keep it warm for a few hours. So save your oven space and make green bean casserole in a slow cooker this year!
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- canned green beans
- cream of mushroom soup
- black pepper
- onion powder
- French-fried onions
🥣How to Make Green Bean Casserole in Crock Pot
- Spray the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Or use a crock pot liner.
- Drain the cans of green beans well and add them to the slow cooker.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a medium bowl.
- Stir the soup mixture into the green beans in the crock pot.
- Stir in half the can of fried onions into the green bean mixture.
- Put the cover on the slow cooker. Cook the beans on high for 1 hour or low for 2-3 hours.
- Take the lid off and sprinkle the rest of the fried onions just before serving.
💭How to Store and Reheat
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat the casserole in the microwave.
⭐Tips and Variations
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Easy Cleanup – Use a crock pot liner to make cleanup fast and easy. This is especially useful when making a big holiday dinner with many dishes!
- Double the Recipe – This was made in a 6-quart slow cooker. If you plan to double it, use an 8-quart one.
- Hate Mushrooms? – Use cream of chicken soup, celery soup, or even condensed cheddar cheese soup instead of cream of mushroom.
- Add Toppings – To change things up, sprinkle the casserole with parmesan cheese or bacon bits right before serving.
Yes, although the slow cooker time will increase. For fresh green beans, trim them, then cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Frozen green beans should be thawed before use. Otherwise, the casserole will be too watery. Once they are thawed, cook them as if they were canned.
The slow cooker is excellent at cooking the casserole but won’t get the onions on top crispy. If you want crispy onions, either bake them in a 400-degree F oven for a few minutes or fry them on the stovetop in butter. Then sprinkle them on top of the casserole right before serving.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Crockpot Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 3 cans (14.5 ounce) cut green beans drained
- 2 cans (10.5 ounce) cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder or garlic powder
- 1 can French-fried onions divided
- Lightly spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- Drain green beans and add to the crockpot. Make sure they are well-drained so the casserole isn’t runny.3 cans (14.5 ounce) cut green beans
- Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and seasonings in a medium-sized bowl until smooth.2 cans (10.5 ounce) cream of mushroom soup, ½ cup milk, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Add the soup mixture to the green beans in the slow cooker.
- Fold half the can of french fried onions into the green bean mixture.1 can French-fried onions
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve the casserole, take the cover off and sprinkle the rest of the fried onions on top.1 can French-fried onions
- Use a crock pot liner to make cleanup fast and easy. This is especially useful when making a big holiday dinner with many dishes!
- This was made in a 6-quart slow cooker. If you plan to double it, use an 8-quart one.
- Once the casserole is done you can keep it on the warm setting for up to 2 hours before serving.
- Use cream of chicken soup, celery soup, or even condensed cheddar cheese soup instead of cream of mushroom.
- If using frozen green beans, thaw them first. For either fresh or frozen beans, increase the cooking time to 3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.